Ms Jane Cavanaugh > Katten > Washington DC, United States > Lawyer Profile
2900 K STREET NW
NORTH TOWER, SUITE 200
WASHINGTON, DC 20007-5118
- Go to...
Ms Jane Cavanaugh
Jane Cavanaugh concentrates her practice in financial transactions and aviation law, including financing, sales, purchases and leases of both commercial and business aircraft. She has represented manufacturers, lessors and airlines for more than 15 years in complex aircraft financing transactions, including cross-border sale-leasebacks, leveraged leases and operating leases, loans and mortgages, intercreditor agreements, residual value and credit support agreements, as well as airline reorganizations. She also advises clients on Department of Transportation and Federal Aviation Administration regulatory issues.
Jane also represents individuals and large and small businesses, including participants in fractional programs, in structuring private and corporate aircraft transactions. This representation includes advising clients on purchase and sale agreements, financing transactions, insurance matters, US and foreign registration issues, and compliance with ownership and operational regulations. She also assists clients with aircraft management arrangements and tax-deferred exchanges of aircraft.
Jane serves as the Washington, DC chair for Katten’s Pro Bono Committee.
United States > Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
The ‘top-quality’ team at Katten has experience in cross-border and emerging market structured finance deals and commercial fleet transactions, and also handles the sale, financing, purchase and operation of business jets. Department head Timothy Lynes (‘a good leader’) advised long-standing client Embraer on several matters, including the ongoing amendments to the purchase agreement between Embraer and SkyWest, regarding SkyWest’s purchase of more than 100 aircraft. Further, Lynes and Jane Cavanaugh advised Citibank on the sale by Wells Fargo Bank Northwest, National Association of four Boeing 757-200 airframes to Cavu Aerospace. Tom Healey is also noted, as are New York-based Stewart Herman and securitization expert Paul Kruger, who joined in 2018 from Sidley Austin LLP. Named lawyers are based in Washington DC unless stated otherwise.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Real estate > Real estate
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Industry focus > Environment: litigation
- Industry focus > Environment: regulatory
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation - defense
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Private equity buyouts
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Private equity buyouts
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Finance > Financial services regulation