Ms Susan Grode > Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP > Los Angeles, United States > Lawyer Profile
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP Offices
515 SOUTH FLOWER STREET
LOS ANGELES, CA 90071
- Go to...
Ms Susan Grode
Entertainment and Media
Susan A. Grode focuses in entertainment, intellectual property, licensing, merchandising and interactive games and apps, social media, Internet and media law.
Susan is recognized as one of the nation’s leading authorities on domestic and international animation, licensing and merchandising. She represents domestic and international motion picture studios, film and television production and distribution companies and entrepreneurs as well as book publishers, toy, game and online companies, and theater and arts institutions. Susan advises the creators and executive producers of some of the world’s greatest television franchises. She also represents award-winning independent filmmakers, producers and financiers from the development and funding of their projects through to distribution.
Earlier in her career, she was vice president at Harry N. Abrams, Inc., one of the world’s largest art book publishers. Susan’s significant experience in the publishing industry gives her a deep level of insight into the industry. She works with publishing and comic book companies as well as best-selling authors of fiction, non-fiction and books for children, developers, publishers and distributors of some of the most popular video games and apps and a wide variety of technology and content creators. Susan also serves as legal advisor to Ms. Magazine.
United States > Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
Katten‘s Los Angeles-based practice has particular experience in the entertainment content space, and also handles a range of financing and merchandising transactions. Michael Hobel is advising HBO on a range of matters, including in relation to HBO’s hit Game of Thrones series, licensing and production arrangements, and entertainment finance transactions. Other work highlights include acting for Media North America in connection with the revival of its successful television series American Idol, and advising Debmar-Mercury on the distribution of television series, such as BoJack Horseman and Schitt’s Creek. The group also acts for Paramount Pictures, Starz Media and Hulu, and assisted the latter in contractual negotiations, including those with Legendary for the series The Looming Tower. Susan Grode is another key name to note.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Real estate > Real estate
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Industry focus > Environment: litigation
- Industry focus > Environment: regulatory
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation - defense
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Private equity buyouts
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Private equity buyouts
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Finance > Financial services regulation