Mr Richard Zelichov > Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP > Los Angeles, United States > Lawyer Profile
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP Offices
515 SOUTH FLOWER STREET
LOS ANGELES, CA 90071
- Go to...
Mr Richard Zelichov
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Richard H. Zelichov’s practice encompasses a wide range of commercial litigation matters, with particular emphasis representing public companies and their directors and officers in securities class action and derivative litigation in both federal and state courts throughout the United States. He also has significant experience handling matters before the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and with internal investigations.
Much of Richard’s litigation involves companies in the technology sector, including Vulcan Ventures, Retalix Limited, DemandTec, Superconductor Technologies and officers from several other companies. He has also defended companies in a wide variety of other industries in lawsuits arising from accounting restatements, failure to meet public projections, product recalls, executive compensation, option grants and mergers and acquisitions.
He writes and speaks extensively on topics related to securities law. After law school, Richard served as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Alfred T. Goodwin of the US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
JD, Columbia Law School; BA, Yale University, cum laude
United States > Dispute resolution > Securities litigation - defense
Katten has a team that is ‘extremely responsive and just as knowledgeable‘. ‘Hands down my number one choice‘, remarks a client, who praises the firm’s ‘very pragmatic lawyers who understand business concerns, not just legal ones‘. Bruce Vanyo leads the practice from Los Angeles and has ‘a well-earned reputation as the godfather of securities litigation defense; his track record backs it up and he is unparalleled in his knowledge‘. Among the firm’s ‘extremely smart attorneys with strong intuition and a strategic mindset‘ are Chicago-based Michael Diver, LA-based Richard Zelichov (‘exceptional, very bright‘) and Christina Costley and, in New York, Jason Vigna. A highlight for the team was its work in securing the dismissal of four securities class actions consolidated in California on behalf of Natera, in which plaintiffs alleged that the company’s IPO offering documents were false and misleading.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Real estate > Real estate
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Industry focus > Environment: litigation
- Industry focus > Environment: regulatory
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation - defense
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Private equity buyouts
- Private equity buyouts
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Finance > Financial services regulation