Mr Saul Rudo > Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP > Chicago, United States > Lawyer Profile
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP Offices
525 WEST MONROE STREET
CHICAGO, IL 60661-3693
- Go to...
Mr Saul Rudo
Saul E. Rudo is the national head of Katten’s Tax Planning practice and a member of the firm’s Board of Directors and Executive Committee. He concentrates his practice in the area of tax and corporate planning for private equity, venture capital, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), and international transactions, and in investment and management compensation arrangements.
Saul’s clients say that he “represents a fine choice for issuers, investors, bankers and trustees seeking representation” and that “One couldn’t ask for a better business adviser” (Chambers USA). In more than 30 years at Katten, he has represented dozens of middle-market companies and private equity firms in mergers and acquisitions, dispositions, capital raising and management compensation arrangements.
Saul is a prolific speaker and frequently lectures on topics including the use of LLCs in buyout transactions, alternative transaction structures, buying and selling businesses, the fundamentals of venture capital transactions and tax implications for investments in non-US companies.
JD, Harvard Law School, 1983; BS, University of Illinois, 1980
United States > Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
Katten is noted for its ‘depth of experience and knowledge of practice leadership’. The team regularly advises on corporate tax planning and structuring in connection to M&A, spin-offs, private equity matters, REITs and real estate transactions. Saul Rudo is ‘deeply experienced and knowledgeable while being an excellent listener and communicator’; he recently advised Periscope Equity on its investment acquisition in Integrated Behavioral Health. Rudo also regularly advises Sterling Partners on its acquisitions and investment activities. Valentina Famparska, Kenneth Miller and Brandon Hadley in Washington DC are other key contacts. Employee benefits lawyer Kate Saracene joined the New York office in November 2017 from Nixon Peabody LLP, but Austin Lilling left for Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP in August 2018. All named individuals are in Chicago unless noted otherwise.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Real estate > Real estate
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Industry focus > Environment: litigation
- Industry focus > Environment: regulatory
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation - defense
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Private equity buyouts
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Private equity buyouts
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Finance > Financial services regulation