Mr Louis Glaser > Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP > Chicago, United States > Lawyer Profile
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP Offices
525 WEST MONROE STREET
CHICAGO, IL 60661-3693
- Go to...
Mr Louis Glaser
D. Louis Glaser advises health care corporations on mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, reorganizations, joint ventures, private offerings, nonprofit conversions and other corporate transactions. His clients include hospitals and multi-hospital systems, alternative delivery systems, health management organizations (HMOs) and managed care organizations (MCOs), ancillary service providers, pharmaceutical companies and medical device manufacturers, physicians and group practices, and medical clinics.
Lou counsels clients on general corporate, transactional, and federal and state regulatory matters. He has represented hospitals and hospital systems in more than 50 acquisitions throughout his career. He also focuses part of his practice on physician group acquisitions. Clients recognize Lou for his “well-rounded’ regulatory and transactional practice in physician acquisitions and contracts,” with clients particularly commending “his thorough understanding of health organization operations” (Chambers USA).
In addition to hospital and physician group acquisitions, Lou also devotes a significant portion of his practice to regulatory matters related to federal taxation, Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse including anti-kickback and physician self-referral, certificates of need, the Affordable Care Act and other general regulatory matters.
Lou holds a certificate of mediation from the American Health Lawyers Association.
JD, Loyola University Chicago School of Law, cum laude; MHA, The Ohio State University; BA, DePauw University
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Real estate > Real estate
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Industry focus > Environment: litigation
- Industry focus > Environment: regulatory
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation - defense
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Private equity buyouts
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Private equity buyouts
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Finance > Financial services regulation