Mr William Maguire > Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP Offices
ONE BATTERY PARK PLAZA
NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10004-1482
- Go to...
Mr William Maguire
Litigation, Securities Litigation and Professional Liability.
Partner, New York since 1993. Chair of the Litigation Department, Co-Chair of the Securities Litigation and Chair of the Professional Liability Practice Groups. Concentrates on securities and commercial litigation and trial work.
Hughes Hubbard & Reed since 1985. Member of firm’s Executive Committee.
Trinity College Dublin, Foundation Scholar, 1981, BA Leg. Sc., 1983 (first class honors); Hon. Soc. of Kings Inns, Dublin, Barrister-at-Law, 1985.
The securities litigation practice at Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP has ‘deep subject matter expertise and an ability to analyze quickly and give practical, user-friendly advice, and offers a successful record in representing corporations, directors and officers, and broker-dealers in securities class actions, shareholder derivative litigation, investigations, criminal prosecutions, and administrative proceedings. It is particularly well known for its knowledge of the accounting sector, having advised leading accounting firms on litigation and investigation by the SEC, PCAOB and state accountancy boards. Kevin Abikoff in Washington DC and New York-based partners William Maguire , who exhibits a ‘measured and practical approach to nuanced issues and a deep understanding of the commercial realities’, and Marc Weinstein lead the practice.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Antitrust > Cartel
- Tax > International tax
- International Trade > International trade
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: consumer products (including tobacco)
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense