Mr Christopher K. Kiplok > Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP Offices
ONE BATTERY PARK PLAZA
NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10004-1482
- Go to...
Mr Christopher K. Kiplok
Corporate Reorganization; Litigation.
Corporate Reorganization and Bankruptcy, with a particular expertise in the liquidation of brokerage firms and financial firm insolvency; Litigation; Professional Liability; Securities Litigation.
New York University School of Law, Georgetown University School of Foreign Service, B.S.F.S. magna cum laude John Carroll Scholar, Phi Beta Kappa.
United States > Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
The ‘strong and extremely hardworking lawyers’ of Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP provide ‘creative solutions to problems’ and ‘a broad range of expertise’. The ‘one-stop shop’ is experienced in Chapter 11 debtor-side work, particularly in the shipping sector, and can also draw on its ‘strong bench’ in contentious matters. The ‘standout’ Christopher Kiplok leads the team from New York, which includes Kathryn Coleman, who ‘is capable of driving a transaction agreement and inspires the confidence of senior management’. The firm represented CST Industries in its Chapter 11 proceedings, facilitating the sale of the company as a going concern, which right sized the balance sheet and resulted in substantial payouts to creditors while preserving 1,000 jobs; following a multi-day contested sale hearing, the company was sold to Solace Capital Partners. In another highlight, the department acted for Republic Airways Holdings in its restructuring and eventual emergence from bankruptcy protection; the Chapter 11 plan was approved in April 2018 after a victory against creditor ALF VI, which challenged the substantive consolidation provisions in the client’s plan of reorganization. Other key clients include Patriot National, Banco do Brasil and Eagle-Picher Trust.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Dispute resolution > International trade
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: pharmaceuticals and medical devices - defense
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m)
- Antitrust > Cartel
- Tax > International tax
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation - defense
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (full coverage)
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense