Mr Robb Patryk > Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP Offices
ONE BATTERY PARK PLAZA
NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10004-1482
- Go to...
Mr Robb Patryk
Product Liability & Toxic Tort Group.
Co-Chair of Hughes Hubbard’s Product Liability & Toxic Tort Group – focuses on complex litigation related to claims of fraud or nondisclosure, usually involving the sale of consumer and industrial products and securities.
He has over 20 years experience in the national and international defense coordination of numerous mass torts involving prescription drugs, medical devices, asbestos, tobacco, dietary supplements, machinery, blood products, specialty chemicals, motor vehicles, and petroleum products. He has successfully defended several consumer fraud class actions in some of the nation’s most difficult jurisdictions and has tried cases in the New York, Pennsylvania and Michigan Courts. He has also litigated securities and other commercial claims on behalf of the world’s premier banks, accounting firms, and mutual funds, among others.
New York University School of Law, J.D., 1989 Yale College, B.A., 1985 (magna cum laude).
United States > Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: pharmaceuticals and medical devices - defense
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP has ‘a unique level of expertise in product liability litigation around the world’, and regularly assists prominent pharmaceutical and medical manufacturing companies with product liability and mass tort litigation as well as class actions. James Fitzpatrick, Robb Patryk and Diane Lifton jointly head the practice, which also includes Ted Mayer, William Beausoleil and the ‘indefatigable’ Charles Cohen. Recent highlights include representing the Belgian pharmaceutical manufacturer UCB in opioid-related litigation alleging that manufacturers and distributors contributed to the current epidemic of overuse of opioid medications. Further, the team is defending the New York Blood Center against wrongful death and personal injury claims relating to blood transfusions. Fara Tabatabai was made partner in January 2019. All named partners are based in New York.
- Product liability, mass tort and class actions: pharmaceuticals and medical devices - defense - United States > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Dispute resolution > International trade
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: pharmaceuticals and medical devices - defense
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m)
- Antitrust > Cartel
- Tax > International tax
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation - defense
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (full coverage)
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense