Mr Charles W. Cohen > Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP Offices
ONE BATTERY PARK PLAZA
NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10004-1482
- Go to...
Mr Charles W. Cohen
Litigation, Product Liability & Toxic Torts, eDiscovery.
Partner; Co-Chair eDiscovery Practice Group. Practice focuses on: (1) complex, multi-jurisdictional domestic and international litigation, and (2) counseling clients regarding electronic discovery and information management.
Partner since 2005; Co-Chair of the firm’s Technology Committee; Co-Chair eDiscovery Practice Group.
Chair, New Jersey Defense Association Products Liability Committee; Member, Defense Research Institute E-Discovery Committee; Member, International Bar Association, Litigation Committee.
Brooklyn College, B.A., 1992, magna cum laude Phi Beta Kappa Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1995 cum laude.
United States > Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: pharmaceuticals and medical devices - defense
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP has ‘a unique level of expertise in product liability litigation around the world’, and regularly assists prominent pharmaceutical and medical manufacturing companies with product liability and mass tort litigation as well as class actions. James Fitzpatrick, Robb Patryk and Diane Lifton jointly head the practice, which also includes Ted Mayer, William Beausoleil and the ‘indefatigable’ Charles Cohen. Recent highlights include representing the Belgian pharmaceutical manufacturer UCB in opioid-related litigation alleging that manufacturers and distributors contributed to the current epidemic of overuse of opioid medications. Further, the team is defending the New York Blood Center against wrongful death and personal injury claims relating to blood transfusions. Fara Tabatabai was made partner in January 2019. All named partners are based in New York.
- Product liability, mass tort and class actions: pharmaceuticals and medical devices - defense - United States > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Dispute resolution > International trade
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: pharmaceuticals and medical devices - defense
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m)
- Antitrust > Cartel
- Tax > International tax
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation - defense
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (full coverage)
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense