Mr John Fellas > Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP Offices
ONE BATTERY PARK PLAZA
NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10004-1482
- Go to...
Mr John Fellas
International Arbitration and Litigation.
Partner; International Commercial Litigation and Arbitration; Securities; Intellectual Property; Acts as counsel, and arbitrator in cases under, e.g., ICC, ICDR, AAA and UNCITRAL Rules; Represents foreign clients in litigation in US courts and advises foreign and US clients on global litigation strategy.
Admitted in NY; solicitor of Supreme Court of England and Wales.
Member, American Law Institute; Member, American Society for International Law; Member, IBA; Member, LCIA; Member American Bar Association, Section on International Litigation; Member, The Association of the bar of the City of New York; Member, Panel of International Arbitrators and Conciliators, American Arbitration Association; Member of Mediation Panel, District Court for the Southern District of New York.
University of Durham, B.A, (Hons) Law Harvard Law School, LLM, 1985; SJD 1989.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP maintains a busy arbitration practice covering international commercial- and investment treaty arbitration, acting for foreign sovereigns, US and foreign companies, and financial institutions. The team has also developed a reputation in disputes involving a political element. The practice group has an extensive footprint across Washington DC, New York, and Miami. The wider arbitration group is jointly led by New York-based John Fellas and Hagit Muriel Elul, alongside John Townsend in Washington DC. Also in DC is James Boykin, who chairs the investment treaty arbitration practice. The Miami-based team was strengthened by the arrival of Luis O’Naghten, who joined from Baker McKenzie LLP in February 2019; a fluent Spanish speaker, O’Naghten is especially experienced in handling disputes involving Latin America. Clients have also singled out New York-based Daniel Weiner for art-related disputes. Sector strengths in the wider team include financial services, mining, energy, oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, and real estate.
- Hall of Fame - United States > Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Leading lawyers - United States > Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- International arbitration - United States > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > International trade
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m)
- Antitrust > Cartel
- Tax > International tax
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: consumer products (including tobacco)
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism