Mr John Fellas > Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP Offices
ONE BATTERY PARK PLAZA
NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10004-1482
- Go to...
Mr John Fellas
International Arbitration and Litigation.
Partner; International Commercial Litigation and Arbitration; Securities; Intellectual Property; Acts as counsel, and arbitrator in cases under, e.g., ICC, ICDR, AAA and UNCITRAL Rules; Represents foreign clients in litigation in US courts and advises foreign and US clients on global litigation strategy.
Admitted in NY; solicitor of Supreme Court of England and Wales.
Member, American Law Institute; Member, American Society for International Law; Member, IBA; Member, LCIA; Member American Bar Association, Section on International Litigation; Member, The Association of the bar of the City of New York; Member, Panel of International Arbitrators and Conciliators, American Arbitration Association; Member of Mediation Panel, District Court for the Southern District of New York.
University of Durham, B.A, (Hons) Law Harvard Law School, LLM, 1985; SJD 1989.
United States > Dispute resolution > International arbitrationWithin: Hall of Fame - Within: Leading lawyers -
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP is ‘at the top of its legal game‘. Jointly led by Washington DC-based John Townsend and ‘great legal mind‘ James H. Boykin, the team is especially active in investor-state arbitration and is involved in five arbitrations against the Russian Federation under the Russia-Ukraine BIT, pertaining to the loss of investment by Ukrainian investors that occurred during the Crimea annexation of 2014. Townsend also represented the Government of Hungary in an $800m ICSID arbitration commenced by Engie under the Energy Charter Treaty. Key contacts in New York include John Fellas, an ‘instinctive advocate‘, the ‘exceptional‘ Hagit M. Elul and Steven Hammond, who heads the treaty arbitration team. Stephen Rabinowitz left the firm for Dechert LLP.
- Hall of Fame - United States > Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Leading lawyers - United States > Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- International arbitration - United States > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Dispute resolution > International trade
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: pharmaceuticals and medical devices - defense
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m)
- Antitrust > Cartel
- Tax > International tax
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation - defense
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (full coverage)
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense