Mr Charles Samuelson > Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP Offices
ONE BATTERY PARK PLAZA
NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10004-1482
- Go to...
Mr Charles Samuelson
Corporate/Mergers and Acquisition.
Corporate and securities practice focused on public and private mergers and acquisitions (including proxy contests and “going private” transactions) and other business combinations, as well as debt and equity financings (public and private).
Partner at Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP since 2006.
Faculty Member of “Going Private” Seminar, Association of the Bar of the City of New York; Member, American Bar Association – Section of Business Law; Member, New York State Bar Association.
Williams College, B.A., 1990 Cornell Law School, J.D., 1996.
United States > M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m)
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP ‘delivers fabulous client service and responsiveness and has a strong team for middle-market M&A‘. It acts in the full range of M&A deals, including auction bids, going-private matters, hostile takeover bids, joint ventures and LBOs; other areas of strength are minority investments, open-market purchase programs, defensive planning measures, proxy fights, restructurings, spin-offs and stock acquisitions. The firm’s deputy chair Kenneth Lefkowitz, who is ‘commercially minded and efficient‘, led advice to Singapore-based Grab, a technology company offering ride-hailing transport services, in its acquisition of Uber’s Southeast Asia business. The co-M&A practice chairs are James Modlin, who has advised on transactions involving the specialty chemicals, life sciences and media sector and ‘has great understanding of how to complete a transaction‘, and Avner Bengera, who focuses on public and private M&A, joint ventures and private equity deals involving US and non-US companies. Modlin acted for Chiltern International, a specialty global contract research organization, in its sale to global life sciences company LabCorp; and Bengera assisted the corporate governance and conflicts committee of TerraForm Power (TP)’s board of directors with the sale of a majority stake in renewable energy company TP to global alternative asset manager Brookfield Asset Management. Charles Samuelson and Michael Traube are also highly rated; Lefkowitz, Samuelson and Traube ‘will run through a wall for their clients‘. David Schwartz left for Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP’s New York office. All the above-listed partners are in New York.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Dispute resolution > International trade
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: pharmaceuticals and medical devices - defense
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m)
- Antitrust > Cartel
- Tax > International tax
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation - defense
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (full coverage)
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense