Mr James Giddens > Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP Offices
ONE BATTERY PARK PLAZA
NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10004-1482
- Go to...
Mr James Giddens
Corporate Reorganization and Bankruptcy (Chair).
Trustee for the liquidation of MF Global, Inc. Trustee for the liquidation of Lehman Brothers, Inc. Created the Corporate Reorganization Group of Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP. Served as Trustee for various SIPC broker-dealer liquidations. Served as SEC Restitution Fund Administrator for A.R. Baron & Co., Inc. Emphasis on acquisitions and sales of financially distressed entities and representation of major creditor constituencies. Various articles and lecturer on insolvency matters. Yale Law School Chirelstein Colloquium on Corporate Law (2014). Sullivan & Cromwell Conference on Global Financial Issues – Yale Law School – (2013).
Chair, Corporate Reorganization Group, Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP. Partner since 1974. Trustee, Board of Hopkins Center, Dartmouth College. Trustee, Williamstown Theater Festival, Member. Advisory Council of Austen Riggs Hospital (Stockbridge, Mass).
American Bankruptcy Institute, American Bar Association, Association of the Bar of City of New York, International Bar Association and INSOL.
Yale Law School, LL.B., 1966 Dartmouth College, A.B., 1959.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Antitrust > Cartel
- Tax > International tax
- International Trade > International trade
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: consumer products (including tobacco)
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense