Mr Steven Chung > Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP > Washington DC, United States > Lawyer Profile
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP Offices
1775 I STREET, NW
WASHINGTON, DC 20006-2401
- Go to...
Mr Steven Chung
Corporate and Finance Groups.
Aviation, Equipment Finance, Satellite/Telecoms, Banking and Financial Services, International, Joint Ventures and Other Strategic Alliances, Mergers and Acquisitions.
Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP (1999-2010) Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP (2010-present).
Conversational proficiency in Korean and Spanish.
Member, New York State Bar Association; Member, District of Columbia Bar Association.
Georgetown University, B.A., 1996 magna cum laude, with Honors in American Government, Phi Beta Kappa New York University School of Law, J.D., 1999.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading lawyers)
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP houses experts in both asset-backed security deals and enhanced equipment trust certificate transactions. Co-chairing the aviation finance group are Steven Chung in Washington DC, who specializes in aircraft and other structured equipment financings; and senior counsel John Hoyns, who has longstanding aviation industry experience. In the Miami office, Mark Denham‘s expertise includes aircraft leases and loans, pre-delivery payment financings, warehouse facilities and securitizations. Also integral to the group are aviation finance experts Andrew Fowler and Terry Sanders, along with commercial aircraft finance-focused senior associates Sean Murphy Murphy and DC-based Cynthia Liu. In 2021, aviation finance specialist Thomas Healey joined the DC office from Katten. All named attorneys are based in New York, unless otherwise stated.
- Leading lawyers - United States > Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Transport: aviation and air travel - finance - United States > Industry focus
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Antitrust > Cartel
- Tax > International tax
- Dispute resolution > International trade
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: consumer products (including tobacco)
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense