Mr Steven Chung > Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP > Washington DC, United States > Lawyer Profile
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP Offices
1775 I STREET, NW
WASHINGTON, DC 20006-2401
- Go to...
Mr Steven Chung
Corporate and Finance Groups.
Aviation, Equipment Finance, Satellite/Telecoms, Banking and Financial Services, International, Joint Ventures and Other Strategic Alliances, Mergers and Acquisitions.
Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP (1999-2010) Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP (2010-present).
Conversational proficiency in Korean and Spanish.
Member, New York State Bar Association; Member, District of Columbia Bar Association.
Georgetown University, B.A., 1996 magna cum laude, with Honors in American Government, Phi Beta Kappa New York University School of Law, J.D., 1999.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading lawyers)
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP is active across a range of aviation deals, including securities offerings, M&A, workouts and bankruptcies, and inter-airline mandates. Steven Chung in Washington DC, who jointly heads the team with John Hoyns, advised Air Lease Corporation, as the seller and servicer, on an asset-backed securitization for Thunderbolt II Aircraft Lease and Thunderbolt II APS, to be serviced by Air Lease Corporation; he also advised Citigroup Global Markets, as lead structuring agent and joint lead bookrunner, on a $911.3m asset-backed securitization for Castlelake Aircraft Structured Trust 2018-1, to be serviced by Castlelake. Hyons represented United Airlines in a $225.7m public offering of Class B certificates, part of its Series 2018-1 enhanced equipment trust certificates. Mark Denham in Miami, Andrew Fowler, Terry Sanders and counsel Jason Kaplan are also recommended. Additionally, the team was further strengthened by arrival of Jonathan Goldstein from Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman, LLP. Named lawyers are based in New York unless otherwise stated.
- Leading lawyers - United States > Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Transport: aviation and air travel - finance - United States > Industry focus
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Dispute resolution > International trade
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: pharmaceuticals and medical devices - defense
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m)
- Antitrust > Cartel
- Tax > International tax
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation - defense
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (full coverage)
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense