Mr Robert B. Bell > Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP > Washington DC, United States > Lawyer Profile
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP Offices
1775 I STREET, NW
WASHINGTON, DC 20006-2401
- Go to...
Mr Robert B. Bell
Robert B. Bell is a partner in the Washington, DC, office of Hughes Hubbard & Reed. He is a former clerk to US Supreme Court Justice Byron R. White and US District Court Judge Thomas A. Flannery. Robert has wide experience securing antitrust clearance for mergers and acquisitions from both the Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission, and in representing companies and individuals in criminal and civil antitrust matters. He also regularly counsels clients on matters involving antitrust litigation and provides antitrust counseling on issues ranging from competitor collaborations to vertical distribution arrangements. His experience covers a wide array of industry sectors, including imaging, communications, defense, entertainment, manufacturing, mining, chemicals and transportation.
Stanford Law School, J.D., 1980, Order of the Coif., Editor, Stanford Journal of International Studies
University of Cambridge, M.A., Economics, 1977
Dartmouth College, B.A., 1975, Phi Beta Kappa, summa cum laude
United States > Antitrust > Cartel
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP‘s Robert Bell recently cleared two individual executives of charges in a criminal DOJ investigation and continues to represent them in an investigation led by a foreign competition authority. Marc Weinstein is based in New York and is acting for clients in the financial and media sectors. Practice head William Kolasky is also a key name to note and is currently part of the team defending a generic pharmaceutical company in a DOJ investigation into allegations of a price-fixing conspiracy. Named attorneys are based in Washington DC apart where otherwise indicated.
United States > Antitrust > Merger control
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP‘s antitrust team recently represented the Sinclair Group in its ultimately abandoned merger with Tribune Media, under the supervision of practice head William Kolasky. Other highlights included securing clearance for significant mergers in the travel management and mining sectors. Also notable are Robert Bell and associate Kristin Millay, who are based in Washington DC along with Kolasky.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Dispute resolution > International trade
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: pharmaceuticals and medical devices - defense
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m)
- Antitrust > Cartel
- Tax > International tax
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation - defense
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (full coverage)
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense