Ms Morena Zavaleta > Arias > San Salvador, El Salvador > Lawyer Profile
CALLE LA MASCOTA #533
COLONIA SAN BENITO
- Go to...
Ms Morena Zavaleta
- Intellectual Property and Lifesciences Law
- Information Technology Law and Data Privacy
- Healthcare Law and Life Science
- Morena joined Arias on 1998 as head of the Intellectual Property and Lifesciences Law Department and became regional IP partner on 2000.
- She has over 20 years of experience in this practice area; with her knowledge and experience, she structured the department in all seven fully-integrated offices in six countries of Central America. Morena has worked with some of the largest national and international companies in the region.
- She has participated in several Due Diligence processes of IP rights for important international transactions such as Citi Group sale in the region. Also, Morena has participated in litigation and protection of several world known trademarks, copyrights, patents, and with the litigation team in trans-border cases, among others.
- Morena has also been active in pro bono work, with activities in Hospital Bloom, Clinica Tacuba, and with Cyrus R. Vance Center for International Justice and “Fundación Lidera”; she organized, for the first time the event of El Salvador chapter of Women in Profession (WIP), this activity aims to promote the participation of women in the legal profession, providing them with the necessary tools to achieve this. Also, she contributes actively AmCham in the IP group and advising microenterprises, among others.
- In addition, she is a member of the Board of Directors of the Salvadoran Intellectual Property Association (ASPI). She is also an active member of the International Trademark Association (INTA) as part of the Non-Traditional Committee, and of the Intellectual Property Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce.
- Member of the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI).
- El Salvador representative before the Interamerican Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI).
- Board member of the Salvadoran Association of Intellectual Property (ASPI).
- Member of the International Trademark Association (INTA) in the Non-Traditional Trademarks Committee.
- Member of the Legal Studies Center (CEJ).
- Member of the Intellectual Property Committee and Legal Studies of the American Chamber of El Salvador (AMCHAM).
- Member of the National Children’s Hospital Benjamín Bloom Association.
- Law Degree from the Universidad Dr. José Matías Delgado.
- Authorized as a practicing Attorney and Notary Public by the Supreme Court of El Salvador.
- Masters in Intellectual and Industrial Property from EAE Business School and the University of Barcelona
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Trade mark and patent portfolio management for international household names are the two main pillars of Arias‘ ‘dedicated and cohesive‘ intellectual property practice. The team’s portfolio of services further includes technology and data protection matters. Morena Zavaleta acts as department leader and has extensive knowledge of the life sciences sector. Associate Marcela Canjura frequently handles post-registration issues such as renewals, trade mark assignments, licence agreements and voluntary cancellations. Furthermore, the practice is active in corporate transactions involving brand and IP due diligence on a regular basis.