Mark Mifsud > Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP Offices
- Go to...
Mr. Mifsud is an asset management partner and the managing partner of Fried Frank’s London office. He represents international clients in a broad range of transactions, with an emphasis on advising private fund managers in relation to the structuring and establishment of private investment funds, including private equity, real estate, infrastructure and debt funds. Extensive experience advising clients in relation to secondaries, incentive schemes, carried interest arrangements and co-investment plans. Also counsels private investment managers, significant limited partners and other parties on related matters and general corporate finance.
Mr. Mifsud joined Fried Frank in 2015, prior to that, he was a partner at an international law firm.
Mr. Mifsud is a member of the FCA AIFMD Group of Experts; the Royal Society for Arts, Manufactures and Commerce; and the Law Society of England and Wales.
Mr. Mifsud received his JD in 1991 from The College of Law, and his MA in jurisprudence, with honors, from St. Catherine’s College, University of Oxford in 1990.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP provides advice to clients across a broad range of fund strategies and asset classes, with experience in handling billion-pound fundraisings for credit, private equity and infrastructure funds. The team also has a strong client following in venture capital and ESG-focused funds, such as those investing in renewable energy assets. Kate Downey and Mark Mifsud jointly lead the practice, with Mifsud taking a sabbatical in summer 2022. Downey leads the firm’s European private equity funds practice and is deeply experienced in both fund establishments and secondary transactions, with ‘excellent’ market knowledge. David Christmas acts for multi-strategy managers in launching PE funds, funds-of-funds, funds-of-one and long-dated funds. Sam Wilson and Piers Harris are also key figures in the team, with Harris promoted to partner in March 2022. Harris and Christmas are praised as ‘available, approachable and very visible on matters’. Associate Karen Henderson is another name to note.
- Hall of Fame - London > Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Private funds - London > Investment fund formation and management
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Investment fund formation and management > Fund finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Finance > Debt capital markets
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+