Ian Lopez > Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP Offices
- Go to...
Mergers and Acquisitions and Private Equity
Mr. Lopez is a partner in the corporate department and the mergers and acquisitions and private equity practices. He has a broad range of experience in a variety of corporate finance transactions, including public M&A, private M&A, equity capital market transactions, joint ventures, and corporate restructurings. Mr. Lopez has represented companies in numerous industries, including financial services, media & telecom, insurance, healthcare, and consumer goods, among others.
Mr. Lopez joined Fried Frank as a partner in 2018.
Mr. Lopez received his BA from Durham University in 1990 and a First Class Honors from Chester Law School in 1991.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP is praised by clients for its flexibility and commerciality in transatlantic deals. The team has recently advised on a range of sales, purchases, and joint ventures for a host of blue-chip tech, healthcare, media, and consumer goods entities. Practice chair Ian Lopez routinely handles transactions in all of the aforementioned sectors, and has most recently led a multi-billion dollar de-SPAC merger for a major diagnostics company, working in tandem with associate Nicholas Skill. Fellow associate James Frecknall also comes recommended. A team including Dan Oates, Simon Saitowitz and Angela Becker left to join Ropes & Gray in April 2022.
- Leading individuals - London > Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+
- M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+ - London > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Investment fund formation and management > Fund finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Finance > Debt capital markets
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+