Debra Weiss Ford > Jackson Lewis P.C. > Portsmouth, United States > Lawyer Profile
Jackson Lewis P.C. Offices
100 INTERNATIONAL DRIVE, SUITE 363
PORTSMOUTH, NH 03801
- Go to...
Debra Weiss Ford
Office Managing Principal and Litigation Manager
Debra Weiss Ford is office managing principal and litigation manager of the Portsmouth, New Hampshire, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. She has more than 35 years of experience representing employers in litigation matters before the state and federal courts and administrative agencies.
Debra also represents employers before the New Hampshire Commission for Human Rights, the Maine Human Rights Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the New Hampshire Department of Labor, and the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination.
Debra trains frequently in New England on issues related to employment law, including discrimination, wrongful discharge, reductions in force, termination issues, wage and hour issues, proper documentation, leaves of absence, and Title IX compliance. She regularly advises clients on employment-related matters.
Debra was a member of the New Hampshire Board of Bar Examiners from 1993 to 2005. She was appointed by the United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire to serve on the Merit Selection Panel to consider the reappointment of the incumbent magistrate. In 2003, she was appointed to serve on the Federal Court Advisory Committee. She is an approved federal and state mediator.
- American Arbitration Association
- American Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Barrister, Order of Juris
- Maine State Bar Association
- Massachusetts State Bar Association
- Member, Diversity Law Institute
- Member, Trial Law Institute
- National Association of College and University Attorneys
- New Hampshire State Bar Association
- New Hampshire Trial Lawyers Association
United States > Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
Boutique law firm Jackson Lewis P.C. is noted for defending clients before trial and appellate courts as well as arbitration proceedings involving wage and hour claims, discrimination and harassment allegations as well as trade secret and antitrust cases. Skilled in class, collective and single-plaintiff cases, the team benefits from the ability to leverage the firm’s e-discovery capabilities when handling complex litigation. It is managed by Orange County-based Samantha Hoffman and chaired by Kevin Lauri in New York. The class action and complex litigation practice group is jointly led by wage and hour experts Mia Farber in Los Angeles, David Golder in Hartford and Eric Magnus in Atlanta. Nadine Abrahams in Chicago directs the general employment litigation practice group alongside Orlando-based litigator Stephanie Adler-Paindiris. Other key names include Stephen Silvestri in Baltimore, Debra Weiss Ford in Portsmouth and Katherine Van Dyke in Detroit. Reynaldo Velazquez, formerly at Ford & Harrison LLP, joined the Miami office in November 2021 and Garen Dodge, formerly at Epstein Becker & Green, P.C., joined the Washington DC office in July 2021. Las Vegas-based Lisa McClane left the firm in June 2021 for Fisher & Phillips.
- Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense - United States > Labor and employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense