Alan Feldman > Jackson Lewis P.C. > Phoenix, United States > Lawyer Profile
Jackson Lewis P.C. Offices
2390 EAST CAMELBACK ROAD, SUITE 305
PHOENIX, AZ 85016
- Go to...
Office Litigation Manager
Alan M. Bayless Feldman is the litigation manager of the Phoenix, Arizona, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. He has over 20 years of experience practicing employment and traditional labor law.
In the labor relations area, he has defended more than 200 unfair labor practice charges for multiple clients in almost every region of the National Labor Relations Board across the U.S. with the vast majority being withdrawn or dismissed. Alan has in-depth experience providing advice to employers facing union organization campaigns, as well as successfully managing those campaigns in accordance with the National Labor Relations Act and Railway Labor Act; training supervisors how to lawfully interact with employees and avoid unfair labor practice charges; creating union avoidance programs for employers to educate employees about union issues and improve morale; assisting employers during union elections and post-election procedures; drafting post-hearing and exception briefs filed with the NLRB Division of Judges and the NLRB; and interpreting and negotiating collective bargaining agreements.
In the employment area, Alan advises employers on employee discipline, employee handbooks, human resources policies, trade secret protection, non-compete agreements, leave law issues, disability and other workplace accommodations, and workforce reduction planning. He also defends employers against claims of harassment, discrimination, retaliation, unequal pay, overtime and wage law violations, and wrongful termination. He practices in state and federal courts and before all pertinent agencies, including the Department of Labor, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Civil Rights Division of the Arizona Attorney General’s Office, the Arizona Division of Occupational Safety and Health, the Texas Workforce Commission Civil Rights Division, the Utah Labor Commission Anti-discrimination & Labor Division, the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries, the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, and the California Department of Industrial Relations.
While in law school, Alan was awarded the David M. Zeldes Memorial Scholarship, the DOVIA Volunteer Recognition Award, and Pro Bono Distinction from the Student Bar Association Pro Bono Project. He earned honors in both Mediation Clinic and Legal Method & Writing and was the Note and Comment Editor of Jurimetrics The Journal of Law, Science, and Technology.
Earlier in his career, Alan served as a law clerk to the Honorable Michael D. Ryan while he served on the Arizona Court of Appeals.
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section – Committee on Development of the Law Under the NLRA
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section – Committee on Practice and Procedure Under the NLRA
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section – Committee on Railway and Airline Labor Law
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Employment Law Section
- State Bar of Arizona, Employment and Labor Law Section
- State Bar of Texas, Employment Law Section
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Jackson Lewis P.C.‘s national practice has seen particular growth in the areas of healthcare, transportation and oil and gas. The firm is led by Atlanta-based co-leader Jonathan Spitz , who works in union management for the oil and gas sector, and Hartford, Connecticut-based co-leader Richard Vitarelli, who is involved in labor relations, collective bargaining and multiemployer pensions benefits. Laura Pierson-Scheinberg, from the Orange County office, has overseen contentious negotiations between employers and unions representing thousands of workers, and assisted in negotiating a contract without labor strife. Litigation practice manager Alan Feldman is another key name in the team, handling employee discipline and unfair labor practice charges from the Phoenix office.
- Next Generation Partners - United States > Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- Labor-management relations - United States > Labor and employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense