Mr Giles Betts > Buckles Solicitors LLP > Peterborough, England > Lawyer Profile
Buckles Solicitors LLP Offices
101 BOURGES BOULEVARD
- Go to...
Mr Giles Betts
Giles advises businesses, the public sector and senior executives on the full spectrum of employment law issues, such as: implementing redundancies and business reorganisations, TUPE, managing employment terminations, conducting disciplinary and grievance procedures and issues to consider when dealing with disabled employees or managing long term sickness absence. He has extensive experience of managing claims in the Employment Tribunals involving issues such as: unfair dismissal, disability discrimination, sex and race discrimination, unlawful deductions from wages and breach of contract claims. In addition Giles drafts contracts of employment, directors’ service agreements, company policies and procedures and compromise agreements. Giles also has experience in drafting post termination restrictions and advising clients on enforcing such covenants and protecting confidential information. Giles is a regular speaker on employment law at seminars and conferences.
Trained and qualified as a solicitor at Mills & Reeve’s Cambridge office from 1997 until 2007. He then worked at Hewitsons from 2007 until 2010 where he was a partner and team leader for their Cambridge employment team. Giles joined Buckles in April 2010.
University of Southampton (LLB (Hons.) 2:1 Law); College of Law, Guildford.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The Peterborough office of Buckles Solicitors LLP is a key hub in the firm’s network of four UK offices, which work closely with its offices in Paris and Milan. As a result, the firm has a growing roster of cross-border work. Lead partner Giles Betts has more than 20 years’ experience in advising businesses, the public sector and senior executives on employment law issues. He has a particular expertise in managing the terminations of senior executives and advising on complex TUPE transactions. Associate Nicola Cockerill also plays a key role in the practice.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Norwich
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing
- Real estate > Construction
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Planning and environment