Mr James Maxey > Buckles Solicitors LLP > Peterborough, England > Lawyer Profile
Buckles Solicitors LLP Offices
101 BOURGES BOULEVARD
- Go to...
Mr James Maxey
Dispute resolution, mediation, property litigation.
James specialises in commercial disputes, professional negligence, shareholder disputes and breach of director’s duties as well as advising insolvency practitioners on a wide range of contentious insolvency issues. James accepts appointments as a Mediator and also represents clients in mediation.
Trained Greenwoods Solicitors; qualified 1994; assistant solicitor 1994-98; partner and head of DR 1998-2003; partner and head of DR Buckles Solicitors LLP 2003-todate.
Coventry Polytechnic (LLB Hons Business Law); College of Law, York.
Buckles Solicitors LLP has a strong construction practice based outside East Anglia, with key partner James Coppinger and his group based in Nottingham, but the firm’s Peterborough office is involved in complex matters through its commercial property and litigation teams. Head of dispute resolution James Maxey is involved in high-profile construction disputes.
The Peterborough office of Buckles Solicitors LLP is part of a firm-wide litigation practice that handles a broad range of regional work and, increasingly, international matters due to its multi-lingual team. Recent growth has focused on the London office, but Peterborough is home to practice head James Maxey and senior associate Nick Porter, who frequently act for small businesses and entrepreneurs in contract, shareholder and partnership disputes.
Buckles Solicitors LLP in Peterborough is known for its work on contentious insolvency matters, particularly asset recovery and protection. The firm frequently defends directors and third parties in actions brought by Insolvency Practitioners and head of litigation James Maxey also handles directors disqualification matters. The practice also advises on clients at the pre-insolvency, seeking to avoid formal appointments through commercial turnaround strategies. Senior associate Nick Porter is another name to note.
‘Down to earth, hardworking and contactable‘ is how one client describes the litigators at Buckles Solicitors LLP in Peterborough who handle professional negligence disputes. The firm acts predominantly for claimants, though it handles some defence work for insured professionals. It handles a broad range of claims but is particularly experienced in matters of solicitors’ and accountants’ negligence connected with estate planning and associated tax issues. Head of litigation James Maxey, a solicitor advocate and CEDR-accredited mediator, is the key partner. Senior associate Nick Porter has more than 15 years’ experience in commercial litigation and professional negligence work.
Buckles Solicitors LLP in Peterborough handles both planning and environmental matters in both rural and urban areas of East Anglia. Head of dispute resolution James Maxey oversees the work of the planning group, which includes solicitor Lauren Godfrey. The firm advises on land sales and purchases, planning applications, construction and contentious matters. This includes compulsory acquisition work, judicial and statutory review, restrictive covenant issues and a range of environmental disputes.
- Hall of Fame - East Anglia > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Hall of Fame - East Anglia > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Norwich
- Hall of Fame - East Anglia > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Insurance > Professional negligence
- Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia - East Anglia > Dispute resolution
- Professional negligence - East Anglia > Insurance
- Construction - East Anglia > Real estate
- Insolvency and corporate recovery - East Anglia > Finance
- Planning and environment - East Anglia > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Norwich
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing
- Real estate > Construction
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Planning and environment