Timothy McIver > Debevoise & Plimpton LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP Offices
65 GRESHAM STREET
- Go to...
Timothy McIver is a partner in the London office. His practice focuses on EU and UK competition law and regulatory matters, including obtaining clearance for complex merger investigations before the European Commission and UK competition authorities, as well as coordinating merger approvals across multiple jurisdictions worldwide. On the contentious side, he has broad experience advising on behavioural matters, including EU and UK investigations of alleged abuses of dominance and market investigations and studies, as well as representing clients before various UK sectoral regulators. Much of his work is international in nature and involves counselling clients on their global antitrust strategy. He has particular experience advising in the fields of financial services, technology, chemicals, energy (electricity and gas), natural resources, aviation, communications and private equity.
Mr. McIver graduated in 1998 with a double first class honours degree from Trinity Hall, Cambridge. He went on to study at the London College of Law where he passed with distinction. He was enrolled as a solicitor in England & Wales in 2003 and in Ireland in 2017.
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP‘s competition team advises clients on large multi-jurisdictional merger control issues and behavioural matters. ‘Able to deliver very detailed and complex analyses in short timeframes’, the team is highly regarded by its clients. The practice head is Timothy McIver, a ‘technically astute’ competition lawyer of more than 20 years’ experience. Anne-Mette Heemsoth regularly advises on foreign investment risk and has a background in acting on merger control investigations before the European Commission.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment fund formation and management > Fund finance
- Dispute resolution > Public international law
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Insurance > Insurance: corporate and regulatory
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+)
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition