Christopher Boyne > Debevoise & Plimpton LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP Offices
65 GRESHAM STREET
- Go to...
Christopher Boyne is a partner based in the London office, where he works in the Litigation Department. He specialises in complex litigation and has wide-ranging commercial litigation experience across a wide variety of industries and geographies including financial institutions and multinational corporations.
He has represented clients on a variety of high-profile litigation matters including large-scale corporate disputes, shareholder/joint venture disputes, civil fraud claims and court applications relating to arbitral proceedings. He has extensive experience of applications to challenge the jurisdiction of the English Courts as well and advising on interim and protective measures in both English and foreign courts. This experience includes successfully obtaining and defending billion-dollar freezing injunctions. He has also advised on a wide range of banking and financial services disputes, including in respect of some of the most significant cases arising out of the collapse of Lehman Brothers.
Mr. Boyne received his LL.B. (First Class) in 2003 from Kings College London. He is admitted to practise in England & Wales (2007).
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
The highly regarded practitioners at Debevoise & Plimpton LLP ‘specialise in providing a Rolls Royce service‘ to blue-chip corporates and ultra-high-net-worth-individuals from around the world. Contractual claims, M&A litigation, and issues arising out of joint venture arrangements are areas in which the group particularly excels. In November 2021, the firm was joined by ‘possibly one of the most seasoned litigation solicitors on the market today‘, Patrick Swain, who left Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP after more than 20 years. His arrival bolsters the firm’s already significant expertise in handling shareholder disputes. Lord (Peter) Goldsmith KC leads the team, which also includes ‘brilliant commercial litigator‘ Christopher Boyne.
- Next Generation Partners - London > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Commercial litigation: premium - London > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment fund formation and management > Fund finance
- Dispute resolution > Public international law
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Insurance > Insurance: corporate and regulatory
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+)
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition