Geoffrey Kittredge > Debevoise & Plimpton LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP Offices
65 GRESHAM STREET
- Go to...
Investment Funds Group.
Geoffrey Kittredge, a London-based partner and Chair of Debevoise’s European Funds/Investment Management Group, focuses his practice on private investment fund formation. Mr. Kittredge represents a broad range of international private equity and other private investment funds and their sponsors, including buyout, infrastructure, energy, credit, real estate, secondaries and venture funds, as well as funds of funds.
Qualified 1997; Debevoise & Plimpton 1996 to date; international counsel 2003-05; partner 2005 to date.
Mr. Kittredge has been in Europe since 1999 and in London since 2002, where he is Chair of Debevoise’s European Private Equity Funds Group.
Resident in Europe since 1999 and in London since 2002, he is a member of the Legal & Regulatory Council of the Global Private Capital Association (previously the Emerging Markets Private Equity Association), and is also a member of the Legal & Accounting Committee of the British Private Equity & Venture Capital Association.
University of Virginia (1984 BA political philosophy and English literature); Colombia University (1992 MBA finance and business economics); New York University (1996 JD).
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP advises a diverse range of clients across all major investment strategies, handling fund formation, alternative capital raisings, secondaries, and regulatory matters for buyout, debt, sector-specific, and infrastructure funds. Clients include start-up managers, financial services investors, including insurance funds, and global asset management firms. The team enjoys strong relationships with its US colleagues, and also works on a pan-European basis. US-qualified Geoffrey Kittredge leads the London practice, and is a strong adviser across the private equity space, working for a number of top asset management clients. John Rife continues to work prolifically across fundraising and operational matters, and has a strong focus on alternative asset transactions, including GP-led secondaries. Matthew Dickman was promoted to partner in mid-2021, and is noted for his work with venture capital and tech investment funds. Counsel John Anderson rejoined the firm from an in-house position in 2020, and specialises in Luxembourg and non-EU fund structures and regulatory issues.
- Hall of Fame - London > Investment fund formation and management > Private funds (including infrastructure funds)
- Hall of Fame - London > Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Private funds - London > Investment fund formation and management
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment fund formation and management > Fund finance
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds (including infrastructure funds)
- Dispute resolution > Public international law
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Insurance > Insurance: corporate and regulatory
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+)
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory