Tony Dymond > Debevoise & Plimpton LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP Offices
65 GRESHAM STREET
- Go to...
International Dispute Resolution Group.
Tony Dymond is a partner in the firm’s London and Hong Kong offices, and a member of the International Dispute Resolution Group. He is Co-Chair of the firm’s Asia Arbitration practice. His practice focuses on complex, multijurisdictional disputes, in both litigation and arbitration.
Mr. Dymond joined Debevoise in 2014. He has advised clients in a wide range of jurisdictions, having spent the last 25 years in London, Hong Kong and Seoul.
Mr Dymond was called to the Bar of England & Wales in 1993, admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong in 2000, and in England & Wales in 2002. Mr Dymond joined Debevoise in 2014. Previously, Mr. Dymond practiced at the Bar in London.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The contentious team at Debevoise & Plimpton LLP act on a full range of projects, including infrastructure, energy, mining, power, and renewables. The practice is highly regarded for its expertise in international arbitration matters in relation to infrastructure disputes, acting for owners, contractors and lenders. Tony Dymond, who specialises in complex, multi-jurisdictional construction and engineering disputes, leads the team alongside Lord Peter Goldsmith KC. Robert Hoose is experienced in litigation and arbitration in the engineering sector, whilst Raeesa Rawal specialises in construction arbitration.
Housing a ‘good mix of legal minds‘, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP’s international arbitration department conducts all its own arbitration and arbitration-related High Court advocacy. Operating at the top end of the international arbitration market, former UK Attorney General Lord Peter Goldsmith KC is consistently mandated to handle the most complex commercial and investment disputes; ‘outstanding lawyer‘ and Africa practice group head Patrick Taylor, who divides his time between London and Paris, represents both corporate and sovereign clients in international arbitration disputes throughout the world; London and Hong Kong-based Tony Dymond co-chairs the Asia arbitration practice; and commercial and investor-state arbitration and public international law specialist Samantha Rowe, also works across the London and Paris offices. At international counsel level, Gavin Chesney, Robert Hoose, Aimee-Jane Lee and Conway Blake, all maintain active international arbitration practices, while Laith Najjar, Shreya Aren, Maxim Osadchiy and Merryl Lawry-White are experienced associates.
- Leading individuals - London > Real estate > Construction: contentious
- International arbitration - London > Dispute resolution
- Construction: contentious - London > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment fund formation and management > Fund finance
- Dispute resolution > Public international law
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Insurance > Insurance: corporate and regulatory
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+)
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition