Jane Shvets > Debevoise & Plimpton LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP Offices
65 GRESHAM STREET
- Go to...
White Collar & Regulatory Defense
Jane Shvets is a partner in the firm’s White Collar & Regulatory Defense Group focused on white collar defense and internal investigations, in particular regarding compliance with corrupt practices legislation.
As a cross-border investigations lawyer, Ms. Shvets boasts a genuine international pedigree, having worked with clients on enquiries from authorities in the U.S., UK, Germany, Russia, and elsewhere, and on matters spanning jurisdictions in North and South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Russia and the Middle East. As one of a few Russian-speaking lawyers in this field, Ms. Shvets focuses in particular on matters involving Russia, Eastern Europe, and Central Asia.
In addition to her core investigations practice, Ms. Shvets also leads the firm’s sanctions practice in Europe, guiding clients through a sanctions landscape that has shifted significantly and swiftly in recent years. She is also a member of the firm’s Data Strategy and Security practice, advising clients on data protection and data transfer issues arising from EU data protection laws and other data privacy legislation.
Ms. Shvets is a native Russian speaker and is proficient in Ukrainian.
Ms. Shvets is a co-chair of the Public Corruption/FCPA Subcommittee of the American Bar Association’s Criminal Litigation Committee.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP remains a go-to firm for complex international regulatory investigations and corporate crime matters, with experience in attaining successful outcomes for a wide range of clients in highly regulated industries, including energy, minerals, defence, and financial services. The firm leverages its US and global footprint in cross-border proceedings, and has seen success in negotiating DPAs alongside securing acquittals for clients facing regulatory and criminal enforcement action by the likes of the SFO, FCA, and US DOJ, including ongoing work for key clients Rolls Royce and Royal Dutch Shell. The ‘pre-eminent‘ team is headed up by Peter Goldsmith KC, who remains active in international white collar proceedings and arbitrations, alongside Karolos Seeger, who continues to offer broad expertise across bribery, corruption, and AML proceedings on a global basis, regularly appearing successfully against enforcement bodies. Jane Shvets offers ‘outstanding, well rounded‘ advice to corporate clients on regulatory compliance audits and internal investigations, as well as regulatory actions, while Konstantin Bureiko is an international counsel with particular expertise in sanctions and international trade work. At associate level, ‘superstar‘ Thomas Jenkins advises clients on anti-corruption and fraud investigations, as well as on regulatory compliance, including compliance with DPAs, while Andrew Lee specialises in FCA proceedings, including litigation.
- Leading individuals - London > Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates) - London > Risk advisory
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment fund formation and management > Fund finance
- Dispute resolution > Public international law
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Insurance > Insurance: corporate and regulatory
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+)
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition