David Grosgold > Debevoise & Plimpton LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP Offices
919 THIRD AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10022
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
David Grosgold is a partner in the firm’s Financial Institutions and Insurance Practice Groups.
His practice focuses on domestic and cross-border corporate transactions in the financial services and insurance industries, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, reinsurance and bancassurance transactions in the U.S., Latin America and Asia.
Mr. Grosgold is a member of the New York Bar.
He is fluent in Spanish and Hebrew.
Mr. Grosgold received his B.A. from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem in 2001 and his J.D. from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law summa cum laude in 2005, where he was a member of the Order of the Coif and served as submissions editor on the Benjamin N. Cardozo Law Review.
United States > Industry focus > Insurance: non-contentious(Next Generation Partners)
Known as a ‘go-to firm when dealing with M&A transactions in the insurance space’, the team at Debevoise & Plimpton LLP regularly handles complex and high-volume insurance industry mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, and intricate financings. The client roster includes not only major insurers and reinsurers but also asset management firms, private equity funds and other capital providers. Renowned experts Nicholas F. Potter and John M. Vasily lead the team while also acting as co-heads of the firm’s financial institutions group. The practice also boasts several notable up-and-comers: Alexander Cochran, who ‘remains unflappable under pressure’, David Grosgold , who focuses on domestic and cross-border corporate transactions in the financial services and insurance industries and Marilyn Lion whose expertise includes mergers and acquisitions and financing transactions, as well as insurance and reinsurance regulatory matters. All lawyers mentioned are based in New York.
Latin America: International firms > Corporate and M&A
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP ‘s prominence in insurance, infrastructure and private equity is evident in its Latin America M&A practice, along with energy, telecoms and mining. The team is also noted for transactions involving anti-corruption due diligence. It continues to represent a range of private equity houses and financial sponsors such as HIG Capital, CPPIB and Carlyle in Latin America deals, along with a number of international insurance companies. Maurizio Levi-Minzi co-heads the Latin America group and is a prolific adviser on M&A and private equity deals in the region. David Grosgold is highlighted for insurance and financial services deals in the region. At associate level, up-and-comer Sergio Torres is also noted, particularly for Brazil-related deals.
- Insurance: non-contentious - United States > Industry focus
- Next Generation Partners - United States > Industry focus > Insurance: non-contentious
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: transactional
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Industry focus > Insurance: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Dispute resolution > International litigation
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Environment: transactional
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Tax > International tax
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Private equity buyouts
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Finance > Capital markets: debt offerings
- Finance > Capital markets: equity offerings
- Finance > Capital markets: high-yield debt offerings
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Real estate > Real estate
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactions
- Finance > Capital markets: global offerings
- Industry focus > Healthcare: life sciences
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- Industry focus > Insurance: advice to insurers
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense