Maurizio Levi-Minzi > Debevoise & Plimpton LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP Offices
919 THIRD AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10022
- Go to...
Maurizio Levi-Minzi is an M&A lawyer.
He has nearly 30 years of experience advising clients in complex joint ventures and cross-border acquisitions of a broad variety of assets in sectors such as energy, technology, asset management infrastructure and consumer products. Mr. Levi-Minzi has led transactions in Latin America, the United States, Europe and Asia for private equity groups and strategic investors including Ambev, Barrick, Brookfield, BTG Pactual, Carlyle, Clessidra, CPPIB, CSN, GP Investments, H.I.G. Capital Management and Mitsui.
He has co-chaired the program “Doing Business in and with Emerging Markets” of the Practising Law Institute for many years and is also an adjunct professor at New York University, where he teaches a popular cross-border M&A course.
Mr. Levi-Minzico-authored several articles with focus on cross-border M&A involving Latin America, including “Private Equity Funds and Institutional Investors in M&A” for the first edition of Latin Lawyer’s Guide to Mergers and Acquisitions (February, 2021).
Prior to joining Debevoise, he was a banker with NMB Bank (ING Bank) in New York.
Mr. Levi-Minzi is fluent in Italian and Spanish and is proficient in Portuguese.
He is a 1993 graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Law School, holds an M.B.A. in Finance from Golden Gate University and a B.A. in Italian Literature and Philosophy from the University of Trieste (Italy).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP ‘s prominence in insurance, infrastructure and private equity is evident in its Latin America M&A practice, along with energy, telecoms and mining. The team is also noted for transactions involving anti-corruption due diligence. It continues to represent a range of private equity houses and financial sponsors such as HIG Capital, CPPIB and Carlyle in Latin America deals, along with a number of international insurance companies. Maurizio Levi-Minzi co-heads the Latin America group and is a prolific adviser on M&A and private equity deals in the region. David Grosgold is highlighted for insurance and financial services deals in the region. At associate level, up-and-comer Sergio Torres is also noted, particularly for Brazil-related deals.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: transactional
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Industry focus > Insurance: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Dispute resolution > International litigation
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Environment: transactional
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Tax > International tax
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Private equity buyouts
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Finance > Capital markets: debt offerings
- Finance > Capital markets: equity offerings
- Finance > Capital markets: high-yield debt offerings
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Real estate > Real estate
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactions
- Finance > Capital markets: global offerings
- Industry focus > Healthcare: life sciences
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- Industry focus > Insurance: advice to insurers
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense