Ms Lorna Bowen > Debevoise & Plimpton LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP Offices
919 THIRD AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10022
- Go to...
Ms Lorna Bowen
Lorna Bowen, Chair of the U.S. Investment Management Group, is a corporate partner based in the New York office. Her practice focuses on advising international asset managers on the establishment and operation of private fund products across the alternative fund spectrum, including private credit, distressed debt, infrastructure, private equity and other products in the illiquid closed-end fund space, funds of funds and alternative open-end fund products.
Ms. Bowen’s practice also has an emphasis on the development of tailored investment platforms and structured solutions for strategic institutional investors. She has experience in a wide range of corporate transactions in the sector, seeding/start-up financing deals, joint ventures and co-investments.
Lorna Bowen joined Debevoise in 2019. She is admitted to the New York Bar. She is also admitted as a solicitor of the Senior Courts of England & Wales.
Lorna Bowen received a Bachelor of Civil Law (Euro Legal Studies) from University College Dublin (Université de Rouen) and is admitted to the New York Bar.
United States > Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP advises co-investment funds, separately managed accounts, and both open- and closed-end funds on fund formation, dealing with a wide range of asset classes including infrastructure, buyout, senior and mezzanine debt, credit opportunities, real estate, and venture capital among others. Alongside the fundraising practice, the team advises on structuring and restructuring of private equity firms, succession planning, and joint ventures, alongside a strong regulatory practice. Rebecca Silberstein leads the group alongside Lorna Bowen, while other key names within the team include Jonathan Adler, Andrew Ahern, Justin Storms, and David Schwartz.
- Private equity funds (including venture capital) - United States > Investment fund formation and management
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: transactional
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Industry focus > Insurance: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Dispute resolution > International litigation
- Employment >
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Environment: transactional
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Tax > International tax
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Private equity buyouts
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactions
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Finance > Capital markets: debt offerings
- Finance > Capital markets: equity offerings
- Finance > Capital markets: high-yield debt offerings
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Real estate > Real estate
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Finance > Capital markets: global offerings
- Industry focus > Healthcare: life sciences
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- Industry focus > Insurance: advice to insurers
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense