Mr Carlos Eduardo Orsolon > Demarest Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Demarest Advogados Offices
AV PEDROSO DE MORAES 1201
SÃO PAULO, SP 05419-001
- Go to...
Mr Carlos Eduardo Orsolon
Partner of Demarest’s Tax practice, Carlos Eduardo Marino Orsolon holds a post-graduate degree in Tax Law from PUC-SP, as well as specializations in Corporate Taxes from CEU and in Corporate Accounting from Saint Paul Business School. He has a strong presence in the conducting of administrative tax procedures before the Brazilian Tax Appeals Board (CARF) in Brasilia, and is recognized particularly for his great attention to the details of the matter under discussion, which often results in favorable decisions to his clients. Carlos Eduardo has extensive experience in tax consulting, specializing in matters related to tax planning involving international operations of mergers and acquisitions (M&A), corporate and tax restructuring, as well as well as corporate taxation in general. He writes articles on the tax area, related mainly to corporate and international taxation, and acts as a speaker on the subject in courses and events held in Brazil and abroad. He is ranked by some of the top legal publications, such as The Legal 500 and Leaders League.
Portuguese, English, Spanish.
- Specialization in Corporate Accounting from Saint Paul Business School, São Paulo, Brazil (2010)
- Post-graduate course in Tax Law by the Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo (COGEAE-PUC-SP), São Paulo, Brazil (2008)
- Specialization in Corporate Taxes from the Centre of University Extension (CEU), São Paulo, Brazil (2004)
- Bachelor of Laws from the Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo (COGEAE-PUC-SP), São Paulo, Brazil (2003)
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
The sizeable team at Demarest Advogados is best known for its consultancy advice on direct and indirect taxes, as well as customs law, transfer pricing and social security contributions. The team, which is led by Douglas Mota, works closely with the firm’s corporate finance department to help structure high-profile M&As, financings and restructurings. The firm covers all sectors and is especially strong in agribusiness. Key partners include tax litigation head Marcelo Salles Annunziata, Rodrigo Campos, Catarina Rosa Rodrigues and the up-and-coming Carlos Eduardo Orsolon. The tax litigation team was strengthened by the arrival of the highly rated Priscila Faricelli from Trench Rossi Watanabe. In September 2020, Eloisa Curi left to establish CBLM Advogados. January 2021 saw the promotion of Thiago Abiatar Lopes Amaral to partner.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Competition and antitrust
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Litigation
- Labour and employment
- Projects and infrastructure
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity
- Intellectual property
- Life sciences
- Public law
- TMT: Cybersecurity and data privacy
- White-collar crime and investigations
- Energy and natural resources > Hydrocarbons
- Energy and natural resources > Mining
- Transport and shipping