Mr Douglas Mota > Demarest Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Demarest Advogados Offices
AV PEDROSO DE MORAES 1201
SÃO PAULO, SP 05419-001
- Go to...
Mr Douglas Mota
Partner of the Demarest’s Tax area, Douglas Mota holds a master’s degree and specialization in Tax Law from PUC-SP. He has a strong presence in tax consulting and in administrative litigation. Among his main clients are industries, retailers and companies in the energy and services sectors, as well as education and social assistance associations in procedures for recognition of tax immunity and resulting situations. Douglas is a professor of specialization courses at Escola Paulista de Direito (EPD) and the Brazilian Institute of Energy Law Studies (IBDE) as well as MBA courses.
Portuguese, English, Spanish.
Coordinator of the Tax Committee of the French Chamber
- Master’s degree in Tax Law from the Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo (PUC-SP), São Paulo, Brazil (2009)
- Specialization in Tax Law from the Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo (COGEAE / PUC-SP), São Paulo, Brazil (2004)
- Bachelor of Laws from Osasco University Foundation Institute of Education – FIEO (1998)
The sizeable team at Demarest Advogados is best known for its consultancy advice on direct and indirect taxes, as well as customs law, transfer pricing and social security contributions. The team, which is led by Douglas Mota, works closely with the firm’s corporate finance department to help structure high-profile M&As, financings and restructurings. The firm covers all sectors and is especially strong in agribusiness. Key partners include tax litigation head Marcelo Salles Annunziata, Rodrigo Campos, Catarina Rosa Rodrigues and the up-and-coming Carlos Eduardo Orsolon. The tax litigation team was strengthened by the arrival of the highly rated Priscila Faricelli from Trench Rossi Watanabe. In September 2020, Eloisa Curi left to establish CBLM Advogados. January 2021 saw the promotion of Thiago Abiatar Lopes Amaral to partner.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Competition and antitrust
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Litigation
- Labour and employment
- Projects and infrastructure
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity
- Intellectual property
- Life sciences
- Public law
- TMT: Cybersecurity and data privacy
- White-collar crime and investigations
- Energy and natural resources > Hydrocarbons
- Energy and natural resources > Mining
- Transport and shipping