Mrs Camila Biral > Demarest Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Demarest Advogados Offices
AV PEDROSO DE MORAES 1201
SÃO PAULO, SP 05419-001
- Go to...
Mrs Camila Biral
Camila Biral works in the areas of Agribusiness, Intellectual Property and Information Technology, International Trade and Customs, Life Sciences, Litigation and Arbitration and Public and Regulatory Law, as well as coordinates Demarest’s French Desk.
She has worked as a lawyer in the European Economic Law and International Arbitration sector at the French office Gide Loyrette (partner Lex Mundi) in Paris and has participated in the process of reviewing and translating the Mediation Rules of the CCI Arbitration Chamber – Paris.
Portuguese, English and French.
- Member of the Commission of Geographical Indications of the Brazilian Intellectual Property Association (ABPI)
- Member of the Mediation Group of the Brazilian Arbitration Committee (CBAr)
- Member of the Investment and Arbitration Study Group of the Brazilian Arbitration Committee (CBAr)
- Researcher of the Project Re-reading of Agreements of the World Trade Organization (WTO) of CESA / IBRAC, held by the Center of Global Trade and Investment of the Economics School of São Paulo and Law School of São Paulo, both of the Getúlio Vargas Foundation (FGV)
- Arbitrator indicated in the list of the Chamber of Arbitration of the Brazilian Intellectual Property Association (ABPI) and Eurochambers.
Obtained an LL.D. in International Law from Universidade de São Paulo in 2016. She earned an LL.M. in International Law from Universidade de São Paulo, and also in International Commercial Law and Arbitration from Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1). Graduated in Law from Universidade de São Paulo in 2005.
Demarest Advogados houses a premier arbitration practice specialising in investment treaty arbitration, with extensive experience of handling claims for clients across a wide range of sectors, including pharmaceutical, automobile, steel and commodities, power, and infrastructure in general. Corporate disputes and arbitration arising from capital markets, M&A transactions and shareholder agreements also feature in the firm’s impressive portfolio. Covering both domestic and international arbitration, the team is noted for its strength in construction and contractual disputes, while showcasing niche expertise in sports and entertainment cases. Celso Xavier is a name to note for contractual disputes, Marcelo Inglez de Souza focuses on IP-related matters, and Rafael Gagliardi handles arbitration involving regulated industries. They jointly lead the practice, which also includes Carlo Verona, whose areas of expertise include international arbitration, and Camila Biral, who in turn is regularly instructed in complex arbitration proceedings involving corporate and contractual issues.
Demarest Advogados has an ‘exceptional‘ international trade team, which regularly handles ‘very complex cases and processes large volumes of information and documentation‘. The firm is regularly found on Brazil’s largest trade remedies investigations, with expertise covering a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, steel, fashion, food and automotive. This experience extends to trade remedies cases initiated by other countries, including matters in the US, Europe and Argentina. WTO cases also feature prominently, with the Brazilian Government often instructing the firm. Practice head José Diaz is highly experienced in anti-dumping measures and related disputes. Other key partners include Oswaldo De Moraes, who has over 45 years’ experience, Camila Biral, Victor Lopes and recently promoted partner Fernando Bueno, ‘a brilliant lawyer who can put together very complex filings and has a great sense of strategy’.
Demarest Advogados‘ life sciences department balances a broad workload, regularly providing advice to clients in the biotech, medicine, healthcare, cosmetics, animal health, nutrition and e-cigarette industries. Claudio Mattos and Camila Biral both leverage strong biotech and pharmaceutical expertise, and are key contacts for some of the firm’s big-name clients. Ana Paula Pinheiro Schedel is a go-to lawyer in the team for commercial contracts, and Bruno Aurélio is known for his expertise and advice to companies in heavily regulated sectors, including pharmaceuticals, healthcare and tobacco. For IP-related life sciences matters, Rio de Janeiro-based partner Tatiana Campello is a name to note.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Competition and antitrust
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation
- Labour and employment
- Public law
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Tax > Tax advisory
- Intellectual property
- Life sciences
- Energy and natural resources > Mining
- Projects and infrastructure
- Tax > Tax litigation
- TMT: Cybersecurity and data privacy
- Transport: Aviation
- White-collar crime and investigations
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity (and renewable energy)
- Energy and natural resources > Hydrocarbons
- TMT: Telecoms
- TMT: Tech, innovation and digital business