Anita Spieth > Choate, Hall & Stewart > Boston, United States > Lawyer Profile
Choate, Hall & Stewart Offices
TWO INTERNATIONAL PLACE
BOSTON, MA 02110
- Go to...
Anita Spieth, co-chair of Choate’s IP Litigation Group, has more than 10 years of experience representing life sciences and technology companies in high stakes patent infringement, trade secrets, and other complex IP litigation. She provides an effective and user-friendly case management approach and counsels clients on litigation strategy to achieve their goals. She also represents clients in connection with inter partes review proceedings before the USPTO Patent Trial and Appeal Board, as well as in copyright issues (particularly related to software and artificial intelligence) and trade secret disputes.
Anita makes her clients’ lives easier by taking tasks off of their plates and making their worries her own. She begins her work by gaining a thorough understanding of the internal workflow of her clients so that her work product is immediately useful and does not require additional cycles. She speaks in clear and plain terms that clients and – importantly – judges and juries can understand.
Anita has developed a global strategy to help clients manage risk and protect US intellectual property while related cases proceed internationally, including directing EPO strategy and various litigations throughout the world. Anita’s team at Choate has experience mustering and managing various international law firms to ensure that international positions are consistent with those taken in the U.S.
Anita’s clients include Takeda, Biogen, EMC/Dell, Alarm.com, and Pegasystems.
- Harvard Law School
- JD, 2009
- Boston College
- BA, 2004, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
- Next Generation Partners - United States > Intellectual property > Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus > Insurance: advice to insurers
- Intellectual property > Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Venture capital and emerging companies
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: transactional
- Dispute resolution > Leading trial lawyers
- Intellectual property > Patents: prosecution (including re-examination and post-grant proceedings)
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Private equity buyouts
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Real estate > Real estate
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense