Mr Carlos Roberto Siqueira Castro > Siqueira Castro – Advogados > Rio de Janeiro, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Siqueira Castro – Advogados Offices
PRACA PIO X, #15
3RD FLOOR, CENTRO
20040-020 RIO DE JANEIRO RJ
- Go to...
Mr Carlos Roberto Siqueira Castro
Rio de Janeiro Office.
Areas of activity
• Constitutional Law • Administrative Law • Regulatory Law • International Law • Civil Law • Civil Procedural Law • Litigation • Arbitration • Public Tenders • Government Contracts • Public-Private Partnerships • International Relations
• Author of the book “Direito Constitucional e Regulatório – Ensaios e Pareceres” [Constitutional and Regulatory Law – Essays and Reports] (Editora Renovar) • Author of the book “A Constituição Aberta e os Direitos Fundamentais” [The Open Constitution and Fundamental Rights] (Editora Forense) • Author of the book “O Devido Processo Legal e os Princípios da Razoabilidade e da Proporcionalidade” [Due Legal Process and the principles of Reasonableness and Proportionality] (Editora Forense) • Author of the book “O Congresso e as Delegações Legislativas” [The Congress and Legislative Bodies] (Editora Forense) • Author of the book “O Princípio da Isonomia a Igualdade da Mulher no Direito Constitucional” [The Equity Principle and Female Equality according to Constitutional Law] (Editora Forense) • Co-Author of the book “Ações Afirmativas: A questão das Cotas” [Affirmative Action: the issue of quotas] (Editora Impetus) • Author of several articles on law published in Brazil and abroad, in the field of Constitutional, Administrative, Regulatory and Commercial Law.
• Honorary lifetime member of the Firm’s Executive Committee. • Sub-Attorney General of the Republic, retired. • Full Professor of Constitutional Law at the State University of Rio de Janeiro (UERJ). • Full Professor of Constitutional Law at the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC/Rio). • Visiting professor at the Panthéon-Assas Paris II University Law School, France. • Former Visiting professor at the University of Montpellier Law School, France. • Former Visiting professor at the Harvard Law School, USA. • Former government and administration secretary for the State of Rio de Janeiro • Former government secretary for the Municipality of Rio de Janeiro • Former head prosecutor for the Office of the Regional Attorney General of the State of Rio de Janeiro. • Former chairman of the Legal Committee for the American Chamber of Commerce in Brazil (Rio de Janeiro Chapter).
Portuguese, English, French and Spanish.
• Federal Board Member of the Brazilian Bar Association. • Member of the Brazilian Bar Association, the Brazilian Lawyers’ Institute • Member of the Brazilian Constitutional Law Institute • Member of the Brazilian Association of Democratic Constitutionalists • Member of the American Bar Association • Member of the State of São Paulo Lawyers’ Association.
• Graduated from the State University of Rio de Janeiro (UERJ), in 1972 • Master of Law (LL.M.) from the University of Michigan, USA • Doctor of Public Law from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ).
Brazil > Dispute resolution (including White-collar crime)
‘A huge law firm with presence in various states of Brazil‘, Siqueira Castro – Advogados has ‘great knowledge of local markets and players‘. It provides a comprehensive service in dispute resolution, covering litigation, arbitration and corporate crime. In recent work, a team led by Carlos Roberto Siqueira Castro and Daniela Soares Domingues acted for Vecttor in a class action suit claiming damages for environmental and ecological damage. Litigator Fabio Coutinho Kurtz has strong experience in consumer and aeronautical law; and João Daniel Rassi is a highly-rated criminal lawyer.
Brazil > Energy and natural resources > Hydrocarbons
Siqueira Castro – Advogados handles a mix of contentious, environmental and regulatory work for key industry names, including Petrobras Transporte, National Oilwell Varco and White Martins Gases Industriais. Among its recent cases, it represented Petrobras Transporte in a $10m recovery claim against Techno Layer Tecnologia Em Revestimento. Carlos Roberto Siqueira Castro and Rodrigo Alexander Calazans Macedo are the key contacts.
Brazil > Energy and natural resources > Mining
Major national and multinational mining companies turn to Siqueira Castro – Advogados for support on a wide range of regulatory and transactional issues. The litigation powerhouse is particularly well positioned to advise on contentious environmental and administrative law cases, but it also handles non-contentious issues, including due diligence procedures and contract negotiations. The firm routinely represents Vale in regulatory and administrative proceedings and it also counts Companhia Riograndense de Valorização de Resíduos and Mineração Buritirama as key clients. Simone Paschoal Nogueira and Carlos Roberto Siqueira Castro co-head the department.
Brazil > Public law
Major public and private companies turn to Siqueira Castro – Advogados for assistance in public bids and administrative proceedings. Public law has been a focal area for the firm for several decades, and the team combines knowledge of administrative, regulatory, environmental and corporate law. Carlos Roberto Siqueira Castro is a well-known figure in the market. In internal developments, Renata de Abreu Martins and Rodrigo Alexander Calazans Macedo were promoted to partner in 2018, while Fernando Villela de Andrade Vianna joined Vella Pugliese Buosi e Guidoni Advogados in 2019.
- Public law - Brazil
- Hydrocarbons - Brazil > Energy and natural resources
- Mining - Brazil > Energy and natural resources
- Dispute resolution (including White-collar crime) - Brazil
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public law
- Intellectual property
- Labour and employment
- Bankruptcy and restructuring
- Competition and antitrust
- Energy and natural resources > Hydrocarbons
- International trade and customs
- Energy and natural resources > Mining
- Projects and infrastructure
- Real estate
- Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution (including White-collar crime)