Mr Carlos Roberto Siqueira Castro > Siqueira Castro – Advogados > Rio de Janeiro, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Siqueira Castro – Advogados Offices
Praça Pio X, 15
3º andar Centro
20040-020 Rio de Janeiro/RJ
- Go to...
Mr Carlos Roberto Siqueira Castro
Rio de Janeiro Office.
Areas of activity
• Constitutional Law • Administrative Law • Regulatory Law • International Law • Civil Law • Civil Procedural Law • Litigation • Arbitration • Public Tenders • Government Contracts • Public-Private Partnerships • International Relations
• Author of the book “Direito Constitucional e Regulatório – Ensaios e Pareceres” [Constitutional and Regulatory Law – Essays and Reports] (Editora Renovar) • Author of the book “A Constituição Aberta e os Direitos Fundamentais” [The Open Constitution and Fundamental Rights] (Editora Forense) • Author of the book “O Devido Processo Legal e os Princípios da Razoabilidade e da Proporcionalidade” [Due Legal Process and the principles of Reasonableness and Proportionality] (Editora Forense) • Author of the book “O Congresso e as Delegações Legislativas” [The Congress and Legislative Bodies] (Editora Forense) • Author of the book “O Princípio da Isonomia a Igualdade da Mulher no Direito Constitucional” [The Equity Principle and Female Equality according to Constitutional Law] (Editora Forense) • Co-Author of the book “Ações Afirmativas: A questão das Cotas” [Affirmative Action: the issue of quotas] (Editora Impetus) • Author of several articles on law published in Brazil and abroad, in the field of Constitutional, Administrative, Regulatory and Commercial Law.
• Honorary lifetime member of the Firm’s Executive Committee. • Sub-Attorney General of the Republic, retired. • Full Professor of Constitutional Law at the State University of Rio de Janeiro (UERJ). • Full Professor of Constitutional Law at the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC/Rio). • Visiting professor at the Panthéon-Assas Paris II University Law School, France. • Former Visiting professor at the University of Montpellier Law School, France. • Former Visiting professor at the Harvard Law School, USA. • Former government and administration secretary for the State of Rio de Janeiro • Former government secretary for the Municipality of Rio de Janeiro • Former head prosecutor for the Office of the Regional Attorney General of the State of Rio de Janeiro. • Former chairman of the Legal Committee for the American Chamber of Commerce in Brazil (Rio de Janeiro Chapter).
Portuguese, English, French and Spanish.
• Federal Board Member of the Brazilian Bar Association. • Member of the Brazilian Bar Association, the Brazilian Lawyers’ Institute • Member of the Brazilian Constitutional Law Institute • Member of the Brazilian Association of Democratic Constitutionalists • Member of the American Bar Association • Member of the State of São Paulo Lawyers’ Association.
• Graduated from the State University of Rio de Janeiro (UERJ), in 1972 • Master of Law (LL.M.) from the University of Michigan, USA • Doctor of Public Law from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ).
The public law team at Siqueira Castro – Advogados offers legal advice in the fields of public procurement, contracts, concessions and PPPs. Of particular note, the department, which often works alongside the firm’s environmental, corporate and dispute resolution lawyers, has extensive experience in public projects in the energy and oil and gas sectors. Telecoms, transport and real estate clients also turn to the team in relation to an array of public law matters, including regulatory issues and administrative proceedings. Carlos Roberto Siqueira Castro, who is knowledgeable in constitutional law, administrative matters, public tenders and PPPs, oversees the department with regulatory and public law specialist Renata de Abreu Martins and Thiago de Oliveira, the latter of whom is a key contact for infrastructure projects and compliance.
Siqueira Castro – Advogados is experienced in the implementation of projects in a variety of sectors, including oil and gas, telecoms and transport. The team has a multidisciplinary approach and is well equipped to assist clients with regulatory, environmental and corporate issues in the context of infrastructure projects. Based in Rio de Janeiro, Carlos Roberto Siqueira Castro is knowledgeable in administrative and regulatory law, and often advises on public tenders and PPPs. In the same office, Thiago de Oliveira is a key contact for infrastructure projects and compliance issues. Energy law and infrastructure matters are core areas of activity for Renata de Abreu Martins, who is based in São Paulo.
Litigation remains a core area of focus for full-service firm Siqueira Castro – Advogados, which has extensive coverage across the country thanks to its office network. Its Brasília office is particularly active in litigation before the superior courts, handling cases spanning tax, breach of contract, debt collection and shareholder disputes, among others. The department’s client base is equally broad, and includes a range of mining, energy, construction, retail and manufacturing companies. Regulatory, civil and administrative litigation expert Marina de Araújo Lopes, Carlos Roberto Siqueira Castro and civil and consumer law specialist André Gondinho are key practitioners.
The dispute resolution team at Siqueira Castro – Advogados provides representation to a varied client roster in domestic and international arbitration. The team has particular strength in the financial services and construction sectors, and has significant experience in infrastructure and shareholder disputes. Carlos Roberto Siqueira Castro, who is based in Rio de Janeiro, is the main point of contact.
Siqueira Castro – Advogados has strength across the board in relation to litigation involving civil liability, contractual breaches, commercial agreements, corporate issues, tax law and environmental matters. Carlos Roberto Siqueira Castro, whose experience covers litigation and mediation, leads the department. The firm – which also fields a team in Brasília experienced in acting before the highest courts – attracts instructions from a multitude of sectors, including construction, banking, manufacturing, technology and insurance, among others. André Frossard Albuquerque and Daniela Soares Domingues are other core members of the litigation and arbitration team.
- Litigation - Brazil > City focus - Brasilia
- Public law - Brazil
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration - Brazil
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation - Brazil
- Projects and infrastructure - Brazil
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Tax > Customs
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity (and renewable energy)
- City focus - Salvador > Leading firms
- City focus - Curtiba > Leading firms
- White-collar crime and investigations
- City focus - Recife > Leading firms
- City focus - Brasilia > Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Mining
- Public law
- Tax > Tax litigation
- Intellectual property
- Labour and employment
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Tax > Tax advisory
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation
- Projects and infrastructure
- Corporate and M&A