Mr Mark Beardsworth > Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP Offices
- Go to...
Mr Mark Beardsworth
White Collar Defense and Investigations
University of Manchester LL.B.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Praised by clients for their ‘expertise and experience‘ across high-level fraud, financial crime, and tax investigations, the team at Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP has a successful record in representing senior executives and high-net-worth individuals facing regulatory investigations and prosecutions by the SFO, FCA, and international regulatory and law enforcement bodies, with particular strength in handling cross-border cases involving European and US authorities. The practice is led by Mark Beardsworth and Kevin Roberts, both highly experienced practitioners who are regularly involved in high-level, often multi-party individual proceedings relating to allegations of market abuse, insider trading, money laundering and fraud, with Beardsworth offering additional expertise in ancillary civil fraud issues, and Roberts increasingly focusing on the cryptocurrency space. Senior counsel Duncan Grieve is also highlighted, representing individual clients in multijurisdictional investigations, with a particular niche in cases involving Latin American jurisdictions. Associate Charlotte Glaser remains a go-to for HMRC and CMA investigations, and has previously practiced as a criminal barrister. Shruti Chandhok departed the firm in June 2022 for Kirkland & Ellis International LLP.
Leveraging the firm’s strong US connections and connections to the financial services space, Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP represents international businesses and financial institutions in SFO, FCA, and HMRC investigations into corporate crime, market abuse, and fraud, as well as coordinating cross-border defence proceedings involving global law enforcement and regulatory bodies. The team, led by the highly experienced duo of Mark Beardsworth and Kevin Roberts , also advises clients on internal investigations into issues such as the Senior Managers Regime, money laundering, and broad regulatory compliance concerns. Also of note is the firm’s litigation expertise, both within London and in conjunction with US offices, allowing it to represent clients from pre-charge through to criminal prosecutions. Senior counsel Duncan Grieve is also a key team member, advising and representing a wide range of clients, including multinationals, both on internal corporate investigations and in investigation and prosecution by regulatory bodies.
- Leading individuals - London > Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Leading individuals - London > Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals) - London > Crime, fraud and licensing
- Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates) - London > Risk advisory
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Securitisation
- Finance > Derivatives and structured products
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Investment fund formation and management > Real estate funds
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Real estate > Property finance