Mr Gerald Byrne > Brown Rudnick LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Brown Rudnick LLP Offices
8 CLIFFORD STREET
- Go to...
Mr Gerald Byrne
Litigation & Arbitration
Gerald has a widespread commercial and financial services litigation experience dealing with complex disputes in London, Dublin, Zurich and Grand Cayman. He has appeared in the High Court and the Court of Appeal in both London and Dublin. Gerald has represented clients across a broad range of sectors including finance, construction, telecommunications and media. Prior to joining Brown Rudnick, Gerald qualified in Dublin and then worked in the London office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher.
Solicitor, Law Society of England & Wales Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
Law Society of Ireland – Diploma Commercial Litigation, 2008 Lindenwood University – B.A. (Corporate Finance), 2004 University College Dublin – BBLS (Business and Law), 2003
Sport and Music
London > Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail(Rising stars)
Brown Rudnick LLP ‘s large, conflict-free team regularly acts in bet-the- company disputes that frequently span multiple jurisdictions, particularly work arising from offshore jurisdictions, the Middle East and North Africa, and it has acted for various senior individuals in LIBOR investigations. Neil Micklethwaite is dispute resolution managing director and Neill Shrimpton is international litigation practice group leader. Also highly regarded are Jane Colston, Christian Toms,and Nicholas Tse who divides his time between London and Paris. Gerald Byrne is a key counsel.
London > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
Brown Rudnick LLP‘s large London-based dispute resolution group spans cross-border civil fraud, criminal and regulatory work and regularly handles complex financial, real estate, IP and other commercial disputes. The firm is able to litigate against banks without conflicts as well as advising major multinationals. Neil Micklethwaite is global dispute resolution managing director, Neill Shrimpton is London litigation head and Nicholas Tse, who divides his time between the London and Paris offices, heads the worldwide international arbitration team. The other names to note are Jane Colston, Christian Toms, Olga Bischof and counsel Gerald Byrne.
- Rising stars - London > Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Banking litigation: investment and retail - London > Dispute resolution
- Commercial litigation - London > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property finance