Henry Kikoyo > Brown Rudnick LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Brown Rudnick LLP Offices
8 CLIFFORD STREET
- Go to...
Bankruptcy and Corporate Restructuring
Henry Kikoyo practices in the areas of debt restructuring, corporate refinancing and debt trading acting for lenders, bondholders, distressed investors and debtors. He has worked with lenders and/or investors at all levels of the capital structure to assist with finding innovative turnaround solutions in relation to companies in financial difficulties. Henry has significant experience in complex cross-border transactions and has been involved in transactions in Europe, South America, Australia and Africa. Henry also spearheads the Africa practice with a focus on project finance, real estate investments, secondary capital raising and non-bank lending transactions.
Henry’s debt trading practice includes representing market participants in the secondary market in relation to the acquisition and disposition of debt products including bank loans (corporate and real estate), trade claims and other financial claims, throughout Europe and various emerging markets. As part of this practice Henry assists clients with the legal analysis and review of documentation relating to the debt products.
Henry’s Africa practice includes advising clients on lending and investment matters in sub-Saharan Africa such as project development, political risk mitigation, capital raising and exit options. He brings to this practice practical experience in project development having previously worked as a project manager, including in relation to the development of a 300 MW hydropower facility on the Nile River, Uganda.
Previously, Henry trained and qualified as an associate in the Financial Restructuring department of the London office of Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP. He is admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales and also has qualifications in Ugandan law.
College of Law, Chester – LPC, 2004
College of Law, Chester – PGDL, 2003
Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda – Bachelor of Laws, with honors, 1999
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property finance