Peter Bibby > Brown Rudnick LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Brown Rudnick LLP Offices
8 CLIFFORD STREET
- Go to...
White Collar Defence and Government Investigations
Peter Bibby is a partner in the White Collar Defence & Government Investigations group in the London office.
Peter is a specialist financial regulatory lawyer with over twenty years of contentious regulatory enforcement experience. He was Head of Enforcement at the FSA and was responsible for writing the Statements of Principle and Code of Practice for Approved Persons. Whilst in private practice Peter has been recognized by both Chambers UK and the Legal 500 as one of the leading individuals in the area with an excellent breadth of knowledge. Peter’s practice focusses on advising in relation to matters concerning the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and the rules of the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. He advises on all aspects of the regime with a particular emphasis on enforcement, from the initial identification of a potential problem, through the different stages of the investigation process, to the representation of clients in front of the regulators decision making committees and the external Tribunal.
Clients include fund managers, banks, insurance companies and other financial institutions together with individuals who are subject to financial regulation. He has also advised regulators in the UK and overseas in relation to the exercise of their powers in contentious regulatory matters and has been appointed as a skilled person under s166 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.
London > Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious(Leading individuals)
Brown Rudnick LLP advises on financial regulatory enforcement, individual liability and the potential impact of the The Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR) on enforcement. The firm boasts former in-house expertise from the former Financial Services Authority (FSA) and its successor the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), as well as experience advising firms and individuals on the requirements of FSMA and regulators’ rules. Former head of enforcement at the FSA, Peter Bibby , leads the practice and acts for a wide range of institutions and senior individuals including banks, asset managers, insurance intermediaries and brokers. He can call on the expertise of Chloe Pawson-Pounds, who focuses on FCA matters and represents clients through all stages of investigation and enforcement. Also notable is Jamie Symington, who joined from the FCA in 2018 and specialises in advising clients on compliance issues.
London > Corporate and commercial > Financial services(Hall of Fame)
- Hall of Fame - London > Corporate and commercial > Financial services
- Leading individuals - London > Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Financial services: contentious - London > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property finance