Mr Arthur Seligman > Lennox Paton > Nassau, Bahamas > Lawyer Profile
Lennox Paton Offices
3 BAYSIDE EXECUTIVE PARK
WEST BAY STREET & BLAKE ROAD, PO BOX N-4875
- Go to...
Mr Arthur Seligman
- Trusts & Foundations
- Corporate & Commercial
- Private Client
- Banking & Financial Services
Arthur is the Head of the firm’s Trusts and Foundations Group and has vast experience of the Bahamian legal system and government departments having commenced his career as an Assistant Crown Counsel at the Office of the Attorney General doing both chambers and court work in relation to a wide range of corporate, property and commercial matters.
Arthur advises on all aspects of Trusts, Foundations, Probate (both contentious and non-contentious) and Estate Planning and has an established local and international clientele consisting of both private individuals and financial and other institutions. He has written for various publications and regularly contributes articles to the International Law Office newsletter. Arthur has spoken at conferences both locally and abroad and is a member of the Bahamas Financial Service Board’s Trusts Working Group.
Arthur has a working knowledge of French
- The Bahamas Bar Association
- The Bar of Ireland
- Member of Bahamas Financial Services Board’s Trust Working Group: 2011- present
- Served for six consecutive years as an elected member of The Bahamas Bar Council
- Served as a director of the Bahamas Financial Services Board: 2012 – 2014
- Honorary Consul for Israel in The Bahamas.
- University College Dublin: BA (Hons) Greek and Roman Civilisation and English – 1984
- University College Dublin: Diploma in Archival Studies – 1985
- King’s Inns Dublin: Diploma in Legal Studies – 1988
- King’s Inns Dublin: Degree of Barrister-at-Law 1991
Covering the full spectrum of finance, commercial and corporate law, Lennox Paton is also highly adept at advising on complex trust structures, tax issues, immigration work, data protection laws and IP mandates. The practice has notable expertise in advising on the drafting of legislation in the financial services and fintech spaces and recently handled the creation and operation of a Central Bank-backed digital currency. Michael Paton and Michelle Neville-Clarke jointly lead the team, which also includes the head of the firm’s trusts and foundations group Arthur Seligman, funds expert Castino Sands and senior associate Laura Harris.