Mr Sean Gorman > Bracewell LLP > Houston, United States > Lawyer Profile
Bracewell LLP Offices
711 LOUISIANA STREET
HOUSTON, TX 77002
- Go to...
Mr Sean Gorman
Sean represents clients in high-risk and high-value disputes across practice areas.
His practice largely focuses on four core areas of commercial disputes: contracts, business torts, antitrust, and intellectual property. He has also been retained by clients for seemingly intractable disputes in other areas, including adversary proceedings in bankruptcy cases, mass torts, litigation arising under the US Constitution, and follow-on litigation related to criminal prosecutions.
He has represented plaintiffs and defendants in the energy, financial services, chemical, petrochemical, steel, communications, oil field services, medical products, software, government, accounting, construction, real estate, and manufacturing sectors.
J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 1988; B.A., University of Houston, 1985
Bracewell LLP‘s team has a track record of acting for energy companies, but also represents other national and multinational corporations, mid-sized companies and small businesses, as well as individuals in contentious matters. The group has experience acting in the full life cycle of disputes, from pre-litigation negotiation through jury trial, bench trial and appeal, and also covers mediation, arbitration and other ADRs. Practice head Stephen Crain and Bradley Benoit are key contacts in energy-related disputes. Christopher Dodson ‘has an excellent courtroom presence’. Sean Gorman is also noted. All aforementioned individuals are based in Houston.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus > Energy litigation: conventional power
- Industry focus > Energy regulation: conventional power
- Industry focus > Energy transactions: conventional power
- Industry focus > Energy transactions: oil and gas
- Industry focus > Environment: regulatory
- Industry focus > Energy litigation: oil and gas
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Industry focus > Environment: litigation
- Industry focus > Environment: transactional
- Government > Government relations
- Finance > Capital markets: debt offerings
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: transactional
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Intellectual property > Patents: prosecution (including re-examination and post-grant proceedings)
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Dispute resolution > Appellate: courts of appeals / Appellate: supreme courts (states and federal)
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Finance > Project finance