Mr Kevin Collins > Bracewell LLP > Austin, United States > Lawyer Profile
Bracewell LLP Offices
111 CONGRESS AVENUE, STE 2300
AUSTIN, TX 78701-4061
- Go to...
Mr Kevin Collins
Kevin assists companies responding to government investigations after major industrial accidents and chemical releases in the energy and chemical sectors. Kevin has experience responding to investigations by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Chemical Safety Board (CSB), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Pipeline and Hazardous Material Safety Administration (PHMSA), the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ), California regulatory authorities, and state and federal prosecutors.
Kevin is a former Assistant U.S. Attorney from the Eastern District of Texas. He serves as an adjunct professor for The University of Texas School of Law Trial Advocacy Program.
J.D., with honors, The University of Texas School of Law, 2005; B.A., The University of Texas at Austin, 1993
With extensive experience in environmental litigation before state and federal courts across the US, Bracewell LLP is skilled at handling bet-the-company civil, administrative and criminal proceedings on behalf of clients from a range of industries, with a particular focus on the energy sector. The firm excels in assembling cross-office teams to handle major environmental cases involving air, water, waste, climate change and infrastructure development, and negotiating the resolution of enforcement cases opposite EPA and the Department of Justice. The department is jointly led by Jason Hutt in Washington DC, whose experience covers major industrial accidents, multi-party and multi-media environmental cases and enforcement actions, and Austin-based Kevin Collins , who is counsel of choice for leading energy and petrochemical clients. Also in DC, Kevin Ewing is another key contact for energy companies, while Jeffrey Holmstead is singled out for his expertise in air and climate change matters. Ann Navaro is a solid litigator who is regularly engaged in permitting and enforcement-related cases.
Bringing together strong capabilities in legal and policy matters with knowledge in media relations and lobbying, Bracewell LLP is well positioned to provide the full-range of environmental regulatory advice across the country. Showcasing extensive experience in issues ranging from air quality and climate change to water quality, waste, endangered species, and wetlands, the department is seen regularly acting for clients from the oil and gas, power, chemicals, mining, technology and manufacturing industries in relation to enforcement defense, major accident response, and legislative matters. Typical mandates also include regulatory advocacy related to infrastructure permitting for oil and natural gas pipelines across the US and Superfund matters. The ‘go-to practice for environmental matters‘ is jointly led by Jason Hutt , who has a wealth of experience in administrative enforcement actions, major industrial incidents and infrastructure permitting, and Clean Air Act and climate change specialist Jeffrey Holmstead . Both sit in the Washington DC office, where Kevin Ewing stands out for his involvement in permitting-related mandates and climate change issues. Permitting, compliance and enforcement matters in association with onshore and offshore wastewater discharges are key areas of expertise for Sara Burgin in Austin. Kevin Collins , who is also based in Austin, is counsel of choice for several energy and petrochemical clients in relation to investigations of environmental and process safety incidents. Also in Austin, Timothy Wilkins is seasoned in ESG issues, energy transition and environmental permitting.
- Environment: regulatory - United States > Industry focus
- Environment: litigation - United States > Industry focus
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus > Energy litigation: conventional power
- Industry focus > Energy regulation: conventional power
- Industry focus > Energy transactions: conventional power
- Industry focus > Energy transactions: oil and gas
- Industry focus > Environment: regulatory
- Industry focus > Energy litigation: oil and gas
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Industry focus > Environment: litigation
- Industry focus > Environment: transactional
- Government > Government relations
- Finance > Capital markets: debt offerings
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: transactional
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Intellectual property > Patents: prosecution (including re-examination and post-grant proceedings)
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Dispute resolution > Appellate: courts of appeals / Appellate: supreme courts (states and federal)
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Finance > Project finance