Ms Victoria Garcia > Bracewell LLP > San Antonio, United States > Lawyer Profile
Bracewell LLP Offices
300 CONVENT ST.
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78205-3753
- Go to...
Ms Victoria Garcia
Focusing on immigration, labor and employment law, Victoria Garcia represents U.S. and international companies in all aspects of labor and employment, and immigration. She also serves as the managing partner of Bracewell’s San Antonio office. Victoria provides clients with comprehensive legal guidance regarding business immigration matters, including (i) obtaining non-immigrant and immigrant visas for foreign employees, (ii) responding to inquiries and audits from the Department of Homeland Security, and (iii) complying with U.S. immigration laws in the hiring, retention and management of domestic workforces. Victoria also represents clients in a wide range of labor and employment matters, including employment discrimination litigation, administrative proceedings, labor/management relations, and the formulation of policies and procedures relating to every aspect of the employment relationship.
Serves as managing partner of the firm’s San Antonio office.
J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 1989; M. Public Affairs, The University of Texas at Austin, 1989; B.S., Foreign Service, magna cum laude, Georgetown University, 1985
Bracewell LLP‘s immigration team has a ‘wealth of knowledge‘ in the areas of energy, utilities, technology, bio-medical and healthcare, and religious organizations. Practice head Victoria Garcia in San Antonio is the key name in the group; she routinely assists clients with obtaining non-immigrant and immigrant visas for foreign employees, compliance audits, and EB-5 investor programs. Associate Amber Dodds is noted for her work in employee investigations. In 2019 the team lost its key practitioner in Houston. Nelli Nikova, who established the practice group, left the firm to found Nelli Nikova PC.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus > Energy litigation: conventional power
- Industry focus > Energy regulation: conventional power
- Industry focus > Energy transactions: oil and gas
- Industry focus > Environment: regulatory
- Industry focus > Energy litigation: oil and gas
- Industry focus > Energy transactions: conventional power
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Industry focus > Environment: litigation
- Industry focus > Environment: transactional
- Government > Government relations
- Finance > Capital markets: debt offerings
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: transactional
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Finance > Project finance
- Media, technology and telecoms > Technology transactions
- Investment funds > Alternative/hedge funds
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Dispute resolution > Appellate: courts of appeals / Appellate: supreme courts (states and federal)
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense