Brian Pinheiro > Ballard Spahr LLP > Philadelphia, United States > Lawyer Profile
Ballard Spahr LLP Offices
1735 MARKET STREET, 51ST FLOOR
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19103-7599
- Go to...
Business and Transactions
Partner and Practice Leader of Ballard Spahr’s Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Group
Brian M. Pinheiro is the Practice Leader of Ballard Spahr’s Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Group and has served as Chair of the firm’s Business and Transactions Department.
He represents for-profit, tax-exempt, church, and government employers on matters relating to executive compensation, including Section 409A and the Section 280G golden parachute rules; tax-qualified retirement plans, including cash balance pension plans; 401(k), 403(b), and 457 plans; and health and welfare benefit plans.
District of Columbia
American Bar Association
District of Columbia Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, Adjunct Professor, courses on employee benefits policy and tax-qualified retirement plans
Board of Trustees, Settlement Music School, the largest community school of the arts in the United States
PENJERDEL Employee Benefits and Compensation Association (PEBA)
The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law (J.D. 1995); Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M. 1997); Boston College (B.A. 1992).
United States > Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design(Leading lawyers)
Praised for its ‘depth of knowledge in the benefits space’, Ballard Spahr LLP’s workload includes health and welfare benefit plans and defined benefit pension plans, as well as executive compensation matters and ESOPs. Also noted for its capability in handling tax-exemption issues, the team counts health care systems, colleges, universities and non-profitable organizations among its roster of clients. Brian Pinheiro leads the practice from the firm’s office in Philadelphia and handles compliance matters relating to section 409A and 280G golden parachute rules, tax-qualified retirement mandates and 401(k), 403(b), and 457 plans. Also based in Philadelphia, counsel Edward Leeds focuses on health and welfare benefit plans work.
- Leading lawyers - United States > Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design - United States > Labor and employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Land use/zoning
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): municipal
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Media, technology and telecoms > Fintech
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: automotive/transport
- Real estate > Real estate investment trusts (REITs)
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Real estate > Real estate
- Real estate > Real estate finance
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Finance > Project finance