Edward Rogers > Ballard Spahr LLP > Philadelphia, United States > Lawyer Profile
Ballard Spahr LLP Offices
1735 MARKET STREET, 51ST FLOOR
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19103-7599
- Go to...
Partner and Leader of the Eminent Domain and Loss Recovery Teams
Edward D. Rogers leads the Eminent Domain and Loss Recovery Teams. He is also a member of the Antitrust and Competition and Real Estate and Construction Litigation Groups, and is in charge of the Professional Liability Practice Group. His business litigation practice spans a wide variety of civil cases, with an emphasis on eminent domain cases and complex antitrust. Ed also serves as the firm’s Partner-in-Charge of Training and Alumni Relations.
In his antitrust practice, Ed represents plaintiffs and defendants in monopolization and conspiracy cases. His eminent domain practice involves high stakes condemnation matters for property owners and government entities. Ed’s loss recovery practice consists of counseling and representing clients in antitrust disputes to recover overcharges.
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Monopolization and conspiracy cases form the core of Ballard Spahr LLP‘s antitrust group, which represents clients on both side of the aisle. Leslie John, who has a particular focus on the pharmaceutical and health care industries, leads the practice from Philadelphia, where Jason Leckerman and Stephen Kastenberg are further key members of the team. In New York, James Mitchell is specialized in the securities industry, while Philadelphia-based Edward Rogers handles cases relating to monopolization and conspiracy claims. Denise Plunkett left the firm in January 2021.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Land use/zoning
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): municipal
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Media, technology and telecoms > Fintech
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: automotive/transport
- Real estate > Real estate investment trusts (REITs)
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Real estate > Real estate
- Real estate > Real estate finance
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Finance > Project finance