Vincent Marriott > Ballard Spahr LLP > Philadelphia, United States > Lawyer Profile
Ballard Spahr LLP Offices
1735 MARKET STREET, 51ST FLOOR
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19103-7599
- Go to...
Partner and Practice Leader of Ballard Spahr’s Bankruptcy, Reorganization and Capital Recovery Group
Vincent J. Marriott III is Practice Leader of the Bankruptcy, Reorganization and Capital Recovery Group. He is experienced in representing financial institutions, indenture trustees, trade creditors, creditor’s committees, avoidance action defendants, trustees, debtors, and sellers and acquirers of distressed assets in workouts, reorganizations, recapitalizations, and liquidations, both inside and outside of formal insolvency proceedings.
Admissions: Georgia, Pennsylvania.
American Bar Association
Duke University School of Law (J.D. 1982), Dartmouth College (A.B. 1979)
Ballard Spahr LLP offers clients an ‘unparalleled‘ service, with advise encompassing municipal bankruptcy and recovery, in addition to buy-side representations, trust instruction proceedings and public finance. Tobey Daluz and Matthew Summers head the team from Wilmington, whilst Vincent Marriott and William Rhodes head the team from Philadelphia. Its team is well equipped to handle Chapter 9, Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 cases pertaining to special districts, senior living facilities and hospital systems. Notable highlights includes its representation of Wells Fargo Bank, NA, in its capacity as indenture trustee, in matters relating to the bankruptcy of Verity Health System and its outstanding municipal bonds exceeding $260m. Other notable individuals include William Wassweiler for his advisory to the Wilmington Trust and Dara Smith for her assistance to the Pennsylvania Economic Development Financing Authority.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Land use/zoning
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): municipal
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Media, technology and telecoms > Fintech
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: automotive/transport
- Real estate > Real estate investment trusts (REITs)
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Real estate > Real estate
- Real estate > Real estate finance
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Finance > Project finance