Charles Moran > Ballard Spahr LLP > Baltimore, United States > Lawyer Profile
Ballard Spahr LLP Offices
111 S. Calvert Street
BALTIMORE, MD 21202-6174
- Go to...
Business and Transactions
Charles R. Moran represents publicly traded and privately held companies, equity funds, investment banks, and institutional lenders in a wide variety of corporate, business, and finance matters. He is experienced in the representation of real estate investment trusts, life sciences and other technology-based companies, and health care providers.
Charlie regularly advises clients on matters of corporate law and corporate governance. He has acted as special corporate counsel to acquirers and targets, as well as to boards of directors and committees thereof, in connection with numerous mergers, acquisitions, restructurings, and other extraordinary transactions.
District of Columbia
American Bar Association, Section of Business Law, Committee on Corporate Governance
Maryland State Bar Association, Section of Business Law, Committee on Corporation Laws; past member, Section Council
University of Maryland School of Law (J.D. 1971);
University of Maryland (B.S. Ch.E. 1968)
At Ballard Spahr LLP, the team is predominantly led out of Maryland by experienced practitioners Douglas Fox and Charles Moran, who represent public and private REITs on complex corporate mandates, including acquisitions, equity and debt offerings and financing transactions. The team also handles high-value IPOs. Co-heads Craig Ganz, who splits his time between Los Angeles and Arizona, and real estate partner Wendi Kotzen in Philadelphia are also key members of the group, focusing on finance and federal level taxation matters, respectively. Counsel J. Thomas Bashore advises on business formation and corporation law.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Land use/zoning
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): municipal
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Media, technology and telecoms > Fintech
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: automotive/transport
- Real estate > Real estate investment trusts (REITs)
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Real estate > Real estate
- Real estate > Real estate finance
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Finance > Project finance