Mark Pollak > Ballard Spahr LLP > Baltimore, United States > Lawyer Profile
Ballard Spahr LLP Offices
300 EAST LOMBARD STREET, 18TH FLOOR
BALTIMORE, MD 21202-3268
- Go to...
Mark Pollak has practiced for more than 40 years with a focus on the public financing of complex real estate projects and sports stadiums. He has experience creating public-private partnerships to develop central business districts. He represents local institutions and companies, national corporations, major real estate developers, and investors in the mid-Atlantic area.
American College of Real Estate Lawyers
University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D. 1972), University of Pennsylvania (M.C.P. 1972), Brooklyn College, City University of New York (B.A 1968).
United States > Real estate > Real estate2
Ballard Spahr LLP merged with Lindquist & Vennum PLLP in January 2018, a deal which added seven attorneys to the firm’s real estate team, which advises on development, land use, tax structuring, construction, leasing, condominiums, mixed-use projects and condemnation. The firm also represents borrowers and lenders in relation to private equity, REITs and CMBS. Clients include developers, hotel brands, management companies, housing authorities, underwriters and investors. Mark Pollak in Baltimore recently advised Sagamore Development on its $6.9bn, 260-acre Port Covington redevelopment project. Philadelphia-based Tina Makoulian represented The Chemours Company on the $100m development and construction of a 330,000 square foot office, research and lab facility on the University of Delaware’s science, technology and advanced research campus in Newark. Another highlight included acting for SRDV on the $300m development of the St Regis Deer Valley Hotel in Utah; this included advising on negotiations with unit purchasers, zoning and entitlements, property tax appeals and hotel management. Practice chair Bart Mellits and Alan Ritterband, both based in Philadelphia, are also recommended. The new joiners from Lindquist included three partners in Minneapolis: Laura Krenz, James Walston and Debra Page. Jeffrey Page also joined the firm as partner in New York from Reed Smith LLP. David Barksdale departed for Loeb & Loeb LLP.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): municipal
- Real estate > Land use/zoning
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: automotive/transport - defense
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: plaintiff
- Dispute resolution > E-discovery
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Real estate > Real estate investment trusts (REITs)
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Real estate > Real estate
- Real estate > Real estate2
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Finance > Project finance