Denise Keyser > Ballard Spahr LLP > New Jersey, United States > Lawyer Profile
Ballard Spahr LLP Offices
700 EAST GATE DRIVE
SUITE 330 MOUNT LAUREL
- Go to...
Partner and Practice Leader of the firm’s Labor and Employment Group
Denise M. Keyser is the Practice Leader of the firm’s Labor and Employment Group. She has more than 30 years of experience representing national, regional, and locally based businesses in labor and employment matters, including traditional labor law (such as collective bargaining and arbitrations), OSHA, ERISA, wage and hour, employment-at-will, wrongful discharge, discrimination, management training, executive compensation, and affirmative action.
Denise has served as chief spokesperson and lead negotiator in collective bargaining negotiations for employers in a wide variety of industries, including health care, education, chemical manufacturing, food production, distribution, and public safety. She has long represented several prominent Southern New Jersey hospital systems.
University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D. 1983)
State University of New York at Stony Brook (B.A.1980, with high honors)
Ballard Spahr LLP assists employers with collective bargaining, arbitrations and unfair labor practice cases. Regularly appearing before the National Labor Relations Board, the firm has been involved in corporate campaigns, high-stakes labor negotiations and threatened job actions, and frequently works in the healthcare, retail and manufacturing industries. The firm is led by New Jersey-based partner Denise Keyser. Philadelphia-based Shannon D. Farmer leads on many cases, including a precedent-setting University of Pittsburgh case concerning whether or not grad students are considered to be employees with the right to organize. Philadelphia-based Brian Pedrow also prominently deals with transport and other public services, while Salt Lake City–based Steven W. Suflas represents the State of New Jersey in all labor issues.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Land use/zoning
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): municipal
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Media, technology and telecoms > Fintech
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: automotive/transport
- Real estate > Real estate investment trusts (REITs)
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Real estate > Real estate
- Real estate > Real estate finance
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Finance > Project finance