Mr Mohamed Ghannam > Helmy, Hamza & Partners (member firm of Baker & McKenzie Interna > Cairo, Egypt > Lawyer Profile
Helmy, Hamza & Partners (member firm of Baker & McKenzie Interna Offices
NILE CITY BUILDING, NORTH TOWER, 21ST FLOOR 2005C
CORNICH EL NIL, RAMLET BEAULAC
- Go to...
Mr Mohamed Ghannam
Banking & Finance, Projects, Energy, M&A, Capital Markets, TMT
Please visit https://www.bakermckenzie.com/en/people/g/ghannam-mohamed-a to learn more about our lawyers.
Arabic and English
- GAFI (Governmental agency responsible for incorporation of companies in Egypt – Former Member of Board of Directors
- Egyptian Bar Association – Member
- Egyptian Judges Association – Member
- American Chamber of Commerce – Former Co-Chair, Legal Committee
- Chicago-Kent College of Law (IIT) (LL.M. Dean’s List) (1993)
- Harvard University (LL.M.) (1988)
- Cairo University (LL.B. High Honors) (1985)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Helmy, Hamza & Partners (member firm of Baker & McKenzie International) is best known for its financing work in the oil and gas, petrochemicals, power, renewable energy, infrastructure, aerospace, financial services, government, healthcare, real estate, TMT and hotels sectors. Managing Partner Mohamed Ghannam and Lamyaa Gadelhak lead the banking, finance and projects practice, which acts for lenders, development financial institutions, multilateral agencies, export credit agencies and sponsors on large cross-border transactions, particularly in project, acquisition, trade and real estate finance, as well as securitisation and derivatives.
‘The firm has good in-depth experience of big projects’, says a client of Helmy, Hamza & Partners (member firm of Baker & McKenzie International). Whether it is acting for sponsors, investors, lenders, acquirers, governments, contractors or other credit providers, the firm is involved in the financing and development of flagship energy, mining, infrastructure, renewable energy and carbon projects. Joint heads of banking, finance and projects Mohamed Ghannam and Lamyaa Gadelhak are amongst the most respected practitioners in the market, particularly in the area of project finance.
Helmy, Hamza & Partners (member firm of Baker & McKenzie International) is firmly established as a key advisor to the oil and gas and petrochemicals sectors, with its work encompassing upstream, E&P, pipeline, refining and downstream projects. It also advises energy companies on corporate, tax, finance, regulatory and antitrust matters. The firm is also involved in key developments in the power sector, including large renewable energy projects such as the 200MW BOO solar PV project on which it advised the Egyptian Electricity Transmission Company. Mohamed Ghannam and Lamyaa Gadelhak are the lead partners.
Helmy, Hamza & Partners (member firm of Baker & McKenzie International) draws on its long-standing presence in Egypt and its vast international network to advise domestic and international investors on public and private M&A deals, joint ventures and strategic alliances, corporate governance, regulatory compliance and a range of commercial matters. Its client base, which includes Bank Audi, Visa Inc. and L’Oréal, is the equal of any firm in Egypt. Mohamed Ghannam and Mohamed Barakat lead the M&A practice, while Ghada El Ehwany and Hesham Ragab lead the corporate and commercial group. Counsel Mohamed Elfar also plays a key role in major transactions.
- Banking and finance - Egypt
- Commercial, corporate and M&A - Egypt
- Energy - Egypt
- Hall of Fame - Egypt > Energy
- Hall of Fame - Egypt > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Leading individuals - Egypt > Banking and finance
- Leading individuals - Egypt > Projects and infrastructure
- Leading individuals - Egypt > Energy
- Leading individuals - Egypt > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Projects and infrastructure - Egypt
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Projects and infrastructure