Dmitri Evseev > Arnold & Porter > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Arnold & Porter Offices
25 OLD BROAD STREET
- Go to...
Arnold & Porter‘s client roster features a large number of states, including the Dominican Republic, Chile, Peru, Columbia and Panama, which it represents in investor-state arbitrations. Paolo Di Rosa heads the global international arbitration practice, and was part of the team, which also included London-based Patricio Grané Labat and Dmitri Evseev, that represented the Republic of Costa Rica in a dispute against Infinito Gold regarding exploration permits and a concession for the exploitation of a gold mine. The team is also assisting the Republic of Peru with a series of disputes in the gas transportation sector. Washington DC-based Whitney Debevoise, Gaela Gehring Flores and Mallory Silberman are defending the Republic of Panama against a claim filed by the US subsidiaries of Bridgestone Corporation relating to its IP rights.
Arnold & Porter ‘has a solid legal team that is able to provide sound legal strategies in complex issues‘. The practice acts in both investment treaty and international commercial arbitrations in relation to a variety of industry sectors, including energy, mining, biotechnology, construction, shipping, hospitality and banking. Dmitri Evseev, David Reed and Patricio Grané Labat are the principal contacts, and Monty Taylor is an experienced senior associate. Jane Wessel was hired from Shepherd and Wedderburn.
Arnold & Porter has ‘a very good reputation in the public international law sphere‘ where its advises on investment treaty arbitration under the ICSID Rules, UNCITRAL investment treaty arbitrations conducted under the auspices of the Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague, and other ad hoc arbitration rules. The practice continues to expand in personnel and client numbers; it was recently bolstered by the hire of Jane Wessel from Shepherd and Wedderburn and has received new instructions from the European Commission and Latin American clients. Dmitri Evseev‘s work focuses on acting for sovereign states in investor-state arbitrations under various bilateral investment treaties and the Energy Charter Treaty; Patricio Grané Labat leads on Latin American investor-state cases. David Reed is another name to note.
- Public international law - London > Dispute resolution
- International arbitration - London > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Pharmaceuticals and biotechnology
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime
- Finance > Debt capital markets
- Investment fund formation and management > Hedge funds
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Dispute resolution > Public international law
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Human resources > Employment: employers
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital